Is it ok to brew beer if I don't have a beard ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To answer the OP, cause I'm not going to read all the posts before. Hell NO!! I have a beard, now with grey hairs sprouting all over the place and a bald head. I compensate for my lack of ability to grow hair on top by growing it in the facial region. But I have a PhD, and work in education, so no one can tell me to shave or not!! I keep growing it longer and longer in the hope that someone will think I am a vagabond or biker when I come to teach. Then I can laugh at then and say "no I'm your professor and this is how I roll!" Deal with it!

nonono, your the lost 4th zztop band member!!!

Stop Everything!!!
Whatever you do, don't even touch another beer until you've grown your beard. Don't use a fake beard either, it will know.
Your best bet is to start a daily regimen of your VitaBeard and start following Jack Passions beard growing tips. Until you at least have half an inch of hair on your face, find yourself a bearded friend who is willing to help you out.

God I hope it isn't too late for you.

knotquiteawake said:
Awesome! I wish my wife would let me grow it out longer. She says if I grow it out longer she'll take the clippers to it in the night...

My wife said that to me once. I told her go for it and I will shave your head in the night. She knows I would so she leaves me alone. She didn't like it at first but now she thinks its sexy.

Here's me about a year ago. This is the most hairless my face has been in a long time.

301859_10150639593020824_265397789_n.jpg

Wow. I missed this post. I have Google BeardMaster installed which automatically blocks anything written by someone without a beard. I am glad a real bearded man finally posted so this thread popped up...

603300_553605068001113_281349728_n.jpg

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm the one with the less impressive beard. My priest is interested in brewing, but I don't know if he'll ever get around to doing it. He's pretty good at drinking it, as he demonstrated at our Oktoberfest party.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm the one with the less impressive beard. My priest is interested in brewing, but I don't know if he'll ever get around to doing it. He's pretty good at drinking it, as he demonstrated at our Oktoberfest party.

Does your priest moonlight as santa clause?

View attachment 96368

Now that's an incredible beard! That's what I want to look like when all the pigment fades from my beard.

i have to have a beard. i am cursed with no chin. if i shave off the shape defining facial growth it gets hard to tell where the neck stops and the face starts.
seriously.

Is being in the military an allowable excuse for not having a beard?
no.

1) join SEALs, Army Rangers or Delta Force.
2) get posted to afghanistan
3) volunteer for being embedded with local anti-taliban forces

voila - now you HAVE to grow a beard while serving your country!

sure, it's a few extra steps, but having a beard is worth it. get on that, will ya?

WesleyBrewViking said:
Here's me about a year ago. This is the most hairless my face has been in a long time.

Awesome so f@cking awesome. My wife would go nowhere with me if I rocked that. Have you ever heard of Gogol bordello?

Now that's an incredible beard! That's what I want to look like when all the pigment fades from my beard.

That's a good thing to shoot for. He was blessed with early pigment loss; he's only about a year and a half older than I am.

Just be prepared for kids to come up to you in the grocery store and tell you what they want for Christmas. It happens to him frequently.

no.

1) join SEALs, Army Rangers or Delta Force.
2) get posted to afghanistan
3) volunteer for being embedded with local anti-taliban forces

voila - now you HAVE to grow a beard while serving your country!

sure, it's a few extra steps, but having a beard is worth it. get on that, will ya?

I don't think any of that is going to happen. I'm far too happy as a Coast Guard helicopter flight mechanic. Much rather save people than kill 'em. Not being able to grow a beard is a bummer, but I got into traditional wet shaving a couple of years ago and rather enjoy a nice shave now! I like to grow a moustache a couple of times a year - reminds me of my late pops, whose moustache was a permanent fixture. 10 years to go until I retire, and then you won't be able to distinguish me from Grizzy Adams :mug:

Awesome so f@cking awesome. My wife would go nowhere with me if I rocked that. Have you ever heard of Gogol bordello?

Just googled them. There's some great facial hair in that group (and fashion in general). My wife was less than thrilled with the handlebars at first, but she put up with it for four months. When I chopped off five months of beard to reveal that, the first thing she said was "your mustache is wider than your face!" :rockin:

That's a good thing to shoot for. He was blessed with early pigment loss; he's only about a year and a half older than I am.

Just be prepared for kids to come up to you in the grocery store and tell you what they want for Christmas. It happens to him frequently.

I get plenty of Santa Claus comments already when my red beard gets long, even from adults. I can imagine how it must be for your priest. Oh well, "grey hair is a crown of splendor."

Tried the beard thing when I left the military. Went hardcore woodsman for 3 years....wasn't feelin it. That and the paranoia that Chesty Puller would be waiting around the next corner to beat my nasty unsat ass; shaved promptly. I don't think the beard affects your beer in any way, but it sure as **** improves your street cred as a brewer.

Isn't brewing kind of like growing a beard? It take patience, meticulous planning, and proper hygiene to be good.
Plus, Chuck Norris has a beard.......

started regrowing my beard. warm weather's coming up, and it's about time to start doing ag again. gotta get a respectable beard pretty quick, since i'm brewing an ris this weekend

Damn im screwed then.. cause like joe dirt i got the white trash dna and it dont grow here and right here..but the pork chops flourish which just aint right..look like frickn wolverine.

If a male brewer, you must have some kind of facial hair. Obviously, the more amazing and large your facial hair is corresponds to the quality of the beer you brew. I wouldn't dare send in any beer I made to a contest, knowing that the soul patch I sport means, at best, I could only brew a 30-37 (very good, generally within style parameters but with minor flaws).

I can't wait to quit my current job to grow out my beard. My next job doesn't care and my wife loves me in one. I've been really busy and haven't had a chance to brew so once I do I'm growing it out and making some kind of beard themed beer. Thoughts on a recipe for a Welcome Home Beard celebration? Maybe a barley wine that just gets better with time?

Here's a pic. I can't find anything more recent. It's from October, so my beard has grown considerably since then, but you get the idea. Probably harbouring some wild yeast.

Where the hell did you manage to find Peter Sarsgaard's lost Dwimli audition tape? :mug:

Lots of good beards on Orthodox priests.
And, for some odd reason, Catholic altar boys.

Went hardcore woodsman for 3 years...
*raises single eyebrow suspiciously*

["Excuse me, miss"]
:ban:
The whole thread might as well be locked now, as that picture aptly represented everything that has ever been said, and ever will be to say, on matters even tangentially connected to the topic of beard.
(Said picture has been referred to using mere words, for obvious apocalypse-avoiding reasons)

Back