IPA Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frostymug

Reaction score
Made a white IPA. The beer has a yeasty after taste which I don’t mind however wonder what causes this. I actually kinda like it.

What was your recipe? What yeast? What temp did you ferment at? Did you cold crash or not?...
We need more info

Need more info. Specifically, which yeast did you use and how much of it? What temp did you ferment at? Did you cold crash? Might be a good amount of yeast in suspension in the final beer is my guess... like a hefe. Either that or it’s a different thing you’re tasting.

California Ale white lab. I did not cold crash which makes me think that’s the issue now that you ask that question. The beer is cloudy . Fermented 68-70.

Depends how quickly you got to packaging after starting fermentation. WLP001 is fairly flocculent if given enough time to finish up its job and drop out of suspension. Should have been pretty clear if you let it do it’s thing for 10-14 days

Man I was so busy I think it was in the primary 5 - 6 weeks. I will attach the recipe. I made it on the beer smith app. Again I like the taste however it wasn’t what I was going for so would like to figure out what I did for my notes moving forward.

IMG_1517973579.287718.jpg

Back