InkBird ITC-100VH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxtor

Reaction score
Was wondering if someone could tell me how to set the controls on this Inkbird ITC-100VH?? I've done my homework and know how to wire it all up but I can't figure out how to set up the controls. Although I'm not using it for brewing, I'm using it for the same principal. All I need the controller to do is, once my water temp reaches 32.77°C (91°F), have the PID shut off my heating element, and once the water temp drops below 26.66°C (80°F), turn the heating element back on. I don't need no alarms or anything fancy, just a simple set up.

This is the PID I have - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ADHNSGI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Right now, trying to test it, the PID shows the current temp 23°C (73°F) on top and flashes HI AL 50 on the bottom display.

Really appreciate any help getting the settings right

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the 2 stage cheaper one. The instructions were really simple to understand and detailed with that model. Did you get instructions? Maybe if not some one can link them for you.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I have the 2 stage cheaper one. The instructions were really simple to understand and detailed with that model. Did you get instructions? Maybe if not some one can link them for you.

Well, got somewhat of instructions but not really that simple to understand, guessing due to the translation and they're not very detailed for someone that has never set up and run a PID before

Gotcha. Sorry I'm not much help. On mine you press and hold the set button and choose the proper setting. At the point you adjust it while still holding the set button. Once you get the setting to take you have to press the power button to get it to save. Hope they are are similar and that helps. You can also try the electric brewing database portion of this forum or the search function.

If I was to shop for another controller, what would you recommend? I need it to run a 240v 4500w heating element and I only need it to turn the element off when my water hits 90°F and turn it on at 80°F. Right now, the sensor I have is this one:

Temperature controller sensor:
K-Type Thermocouple Temperature Sensing for Temperature Controller
Temperature range: 0-400¡ãC
Sensor Dia: 4.5mm
Cable Length: 2m
External Shielding: Insulated Shielding
Internal Insulation: Fiberglass

I'd say asking in the electric brewing section would get you a quicker/better response.

Was wondering if someone could tell me how to set the controls on this Inkbird ITC-100VH?? I've done my homework and know how to wire it all up but I can't figure out how to set up the controls. Although I'm not using it for brewing, I'm using it for the same principal. All I need the controller to do is, once my water temp reaches 32.77°C (91°F), have the PID shut off my heating element, and once the water temp drops below 26.66°C (80°F), turn the heating element back on. I don't need no alarms or anything fancy, just a simple set up.

This is the PID I have - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ADHNSGI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Right now, trying to test it, the PID shows the current temp 23°C (73°F) on top and flashes HI AL 50 on the bottom display.

Really appreciate any help getting the settings right

ITC-100VH also has On/Off controller functions, you just need to set as follow:

SV=29C
dF=3C
CtrL=0
Sn=0 (K sensor=0, PT100=21)
CF=2

Temp. range will be 26-32C

Then every thing will work as you set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,
Can someone explain to me on the inkbird itc 100vh what the derivative symbol is on the unit
ITC-100VH also has On/Off controller functions, you just need to set as follow:

SV=29C
dF=3C
CtrL=0
Sn=0 (K sensor=0, PT100=21)
CF=2

Temp. range will be 26-32C

Then every thing will work as you set.

Hi, thanks for asking and sorry for the inconvenience.

Here is the user manual and screenshot for your reference. https://pmod79883-pic31.websiteonline.cn/upload/szm4.pdf
upload_2019-5-23_12-25-7.png

upload_2019-5-23_12-25-20.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-23_12-24-30.png
    upload_2019-5-23_12-24-30.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 73
  • upload_2019-5-23_12-24-44.png
    upload_2019-5-23_12-24-44.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 78
hi ,

thanks for getting back to me i have all that info my issue is its over shooting sv targert temp buy over 12degrees on auto tune , i am not sure how to fix it what parameters to change , or what symbols represent PID

Regards Barry

hi ,

thanks for getting back to me i have all that info my issue is its over shooting sv targert temp buy over 12degrees on auto tune , i am not sure how to fix it what parameters to change , or what symbols represent PID

Regards Barry

We have PM you for more details, so that we are able to consult our engineering team. Thanks.

We have PM you for more details, so that we are able to consult our engineering team. Thanks.
Hi would you guys be able to do the same for me as I'm trying to figure out which one is for the Pid I'm trying to use mine for a 3000 kilowatt element for brewing all-grain mash

Back