Inconsistent flow when filling bottles.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svm

Reaction score
I brew 5 gallons every month, it all goes into 12 ounce bottles from a bottling bucket with a spigot, 4 feet of tube and a plastic wand with a spring-action shut-off. Been brewing since 1986 and this is the weirdest problem. Some bottles fill at normal speed, but many fill at an excruciatingly slow speed, then every once in a while one will fill so fast it splooges out the neck. There is nothing clogging the tip, the tube, or the spigot, I’ve triple checked. The bucket is not sealed so it’s not a vacuum issue. Faulty equipment? I just bought a brand new set-up, same problem. I would like to hear from you if you’ve had this same issue, and if you solved it, how?

Was a new bottling wand part of the new set-up? I keep extras around - one cracked a while back so I had a back up. Next time I’m using a new stainless steel wand I just purchased. Unless you have not switched out bottling wands, I don’t know what else could be causing your issue.

Back