Igloo 4.6 cu ft FR464 Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
Just wanted to show off what I did to my Igloo 4.6 FR464 mini fridge/freezer. Bought it at walmart last year for $130 because it was the cheapest they had in stock and I'm impatient. With minor modification to the side walls of it (NO DOOR MODIFICATIONS! :ban:) I am able to fit a 5 gallon keg, 2.5 gallon keg and co2 tank all inside the fridge. I still have the door shelving for cans and a few bottles and I can stack bottles on the 2.5 gallon keg.

I started off with one 5 gallon keg and the only modification I had to make was bending the freezer to the very back of the fridge. Drilling through the door to install the shank took me 20 seconds tops. I bought a 2.5 gallon keg yesterday from AIH because the diameter was only 8.25". That's the smallest diameter I have seen for a keg. I used a knife and cut out the insulation on the both walls to give me an extra total inch or so of room. I did a test fit and I can close my door with both kegs and the tank inside while leaving the door just how it was! I haven't drilled out another hole for the second shank/faucet because this was an impulse decision and I don't have the stuff ordered yet.

I will post again in a few days when I have it complete. I am ordering the faucet/shank and a dual regulator now.

2kegfridge.jpg

2kegfridge2.jpg

2kegfridge1.jpg

2kegfridge3.jpg

Nice job! I have a similar fridge, but I took a sawzal to the door panel to make more room. I didn't mount the faucet to the door but out the side. Looking back, I wish I did it to the door instead.

Any how, well done and congrats! Cheers!

Nice job!! Nothing like having your own beer on tap. Is the line long enough to prevent foaming?

Nice job!! Nothing like having your own beer on tap. Is the line long enough to prevent foaming?

It's only 5ft which is what I used before with a picnic tap and had no issues. I kind of wish I ordered longer because this current beer I have on tap is a little foamy but it's not toooo bad. I may upgrade to 10ft though.

So, I have the 2nd faucet/shank installed and a 2.5 gallon batch in the fermenter! I am trying to come up with ideas to organize it a little better though. I don't want to drill anymore holes in my wall (rental) so I am coming up with a little storage box on the top of the kegerator to hold all of my glasses and some tools and what not. I created a little model of it. Does it look stupid? Any other suggestions? Attached is a picture of the messy top of the fridge currently, and the model shows what it would look like after I build it.

20160612_132341.jpg

KegeratorBox1.png

KegeratorBox2.png

Back