If This Doesn't Make You Angry...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xcrusader said:
The fact remains, you cant shoot somebody for breaking down your door and trying to get in.... you can shoot somebody who is in your house and trying to cause harm to you or your family.... you also cant shoot somebody for stealing your tv or trying to run out the door. If you shoot somebody in the back, you better have a real good story to tell the cops. Don't get me wrong, I feel for the guy, and obviously there is some shady stuff going on, but he did kill a cop who wasn't in his house yet.

Maybe in IL. Texas has the Castle Law to protect our home and assets. We can legally use lethal force to defend home, office and property.

TxBrew said:
Maybe in IL. Texas has the Castle Law to protect our home and assets. We can legally use lethal force to defend home, office and property.

Just another long line of reasons I will be moving to texas in a couple of years.:rockin:

TxBrew said:

Yeah thats true, and it does suck. Honestly, I would love it if I could get a concealed carry license, because if I was at my college when somebody started shooting, I would run to the fight w/ my glock in hand!

removed. I let his angst and silly straw men draw me out.

I'll take the high road and kill my reply.

I dont think some people understand the extent to which their rights are being violated by this drug war. It is funny to me to see some actually defending police tactics. When they can bust into a any persons house that they suspect to be growing pot, without even a knock on the door, they can bust into YOUR house, no matter what their real intentions are or you are doing something illegal or not. Your house is not safe and police, at any moment, can break your door down.

Everyone has a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness was what i thought they said...

BrewBob said:
I dont think some people understand the extent to which their rights are being violated by this drug war. It is funny to me to see some actually defending police tactics. When they can bust into a any persons house that they suspect to be growing pot, without even a knock on the door, they can bust into YOUR house, no matter what their real intentions are or you are doing something illegal or not. Your house is not safe and police, at any moment, can break your door down.

Everyone has a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness was what i thought they said...

Yeah, it's all fun and games until your local SWAT team breaks down YOUR door because the got the wrong address for a misdemeanor drug warrant, and they end up shooting your dog in the head, burning your house down and taking you to jail in your skivvies, and won't so much as apologize to you when they figure out their mistake.

I wonder how many of these creeps like Joe Arpaio would still support these tactics if they had it happen to them.

I missed this until now. I'm not going to get into all of the drama that has evolved, but only comment on the OP.

That's f'ed up. I can see them charging the guy with something or other, but to make it a capital offense that could get teh death sentence? That's ridiculous.

I will state again, obviously there is some shady stuff goin on, however, when a cop comes on scene and sees his buddy dead on the front porch, who are you going to believe. The dead guy on the PORCH, or the guy with the gun, who enjoys smoking pot recreationally. Which by the way, IS ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it is not a big deal at all. I have lots of friends who "partake". I choose not to because well here is a good example. I also want to have the best job I can, and if I piss hot all the time, I will never get ahead in life.

AHAHAHA I bet the people who sign your paycheck and own your ass piss hot.

One thing that makes me so furious is Christian Right who thinks there is something wrong with pot. Its been said before if you walked out of the jungle with a plant that could do what pot does without the stigma you would win the nobel prize.

Yet pot remains illegal

MikeFlynn74 said:
One thing that makes me so furious is Christian Right who thinks there is something wrong with pot. Its been said before if you walked out of the jungle with a plant that could do what pot does without the stigma you would win the nobel prize.

Yet pot remains illegal

Pot remains illegal because it's big business for a whole lotta folks. You know how many LEO's they'd have to fire on the spot if they didn't have to deal with misdemeanor weed suspects? Not saying it's right, just giving you the 411. Hundreds of thousands of people in this country depend largely on the drug war for their livelihood, and they're not about to let silly things like "facts" get in the way of their paycheck...:(

Pot remains illegal because it's big business for a whole lotta folks. You know how many LEO's they'd have to fire on the spot if they didn't have to deal with misdemeanor weed suspects? Not saying it's right, just giving you the 411. Hundreds of thousands of people in this country depend largely on the drug war for their livelihood, and they're not about to let silly things like "facts" get in the way of their paycheck...

While the WOD is big buisness- Im sure the millions of meth labs could be dealt with instead. Its just that tweakers are generally much more dangerous so I could see why cops never deal with them. Hell in AK you can get a whole weekends worth of meth for 30$. Pot starts at $40

You know there is a 2 front war going on- Plenty of job oppertunities there.

All I'm gonna say is, if some a-hole comes smashing thru my door in the middle of the night, he's getting shot.

Cop or not, that's ********.

That's quite a story about that little old lady, she went out like a frickin' warrior.

MikeFlynn74 said:
Pot starts at $40
$40 worth of pot? Today that's what--- Your dealer lets you lick the inside of an empty bag?

I am, of course, exagerating there but $40 ain't much these days, that's for sure.

bobjenkins79 said:
All I'm gonna say is, if some a-hole comes smashing thru my door in the middle of the night, he's getting shot.

Cop or not, that's ********.

That's quite a story about that little old lady, she went out like a frickin' warrior.

No joke. You live in the hood. You're a little old lady who just wants to watch your soaps and cook for your grandkids. Someone comes busting through your door yelling and waving guns around. What the hell you expect her to do?

She should have a posthumous medal of honor and those crooked pigs who busted down her door should be in prison. :mad:

Latest posts

Back