I need some moving advice. please? :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javier25

Reaction score
We are moving from Virginia to Colorado in 3 wks. We are flying out there, so we hired a moving company. I have a major concern. I have alot of beer to take with me, but can't take them on the plane. There's just way too much. Question is, have any of you trusted a moving company to transport your precious beers that far? If so, how did it turn out? Do I need to bubble wrap everyone of them as if I were shipping them via mail carrier? That would be a huge pain in the butt, but a small price to pay, considering. Any advice on what to do? Shipping would be so expensive for that many beers, so I would rather skip that option.

I did that move last year! I just drank everything before I went and started over when I got here. Small price to pay to not have to worry about a few broken bottles ruining all your stuff. Also, moving companies won't take any alcohol/liquid. So you will definitely have to wrap and box them yourself and not write BEER on the outside.

I might let movers take kegged beer.

Bottled beer, never.

Take skeeter's advice and have a going away party.

I guess I could write "glasses and dishes" on the boxes. I was thinking of doing a huge quantity for quality trade, but the way I look at it, I've been saving them for a reason. I would hate to drink all of that in just 3 wks. LoL.

Don't worry about trading. Nearly all the beers are better in Colorado anyway...

Moving to Denver was best beer decision of my life. Other than getting into homebrewing that is. Beer will be replenished before you know it!

Who wants to come over and help me drink all of this beer? :p

I moved mine 250 miles without a problem, and if its commercial beer it has already gotten shipped without a problem. What I did was got a bunch of the cardboard 6-pack carriers and the boxes beer gets shipped to the store in and re- packaged them in there. You can get the boxes from grocery stores or bars. Bars also have some of those boxes with dividers in them already. Best of luck!

I guess I could take everyone's advice. Drink the rest I can, pack the rest up really well, and tell them if it all arrives safely, I will buy them each some beer! Or just offer them a case of homebrew!

Back