I need some help selecting a biab recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyfisherwes

Reaction score
I haven't done any all grain brewing yet and I'm about to start Biab. There's a pic of my available grains and I also have a bunch of different hops on the way from hops direct. I'll post those too when I can. I just want a few really simple recipes I can complete with these malts and hops that won't take long to be ready to drink. I'm doing it with a friend who hasn't Seen any process so I want to get him introduced and not have to keep him waiting too long to drink it.

image-3859650560.jpg

I can't read the grains you have from that picture so I'll assume you have a basic selection. Look at the recipe section at the top of the page here and choose a recipe from the blond, cream ale, or amber that fits with the grains and hops that you have. Most of them should be equally easy to brew with BIAB and shouldn't take too long from fermenter to belly.

2row, marris otter, Vienna, crystal 120 and 60, unmalted wheat, and victory. I also have aromatic but only a small amount.

CASCADE--Type 90 Hop Pellets 2 1# 10.35 20.70
WIP1 WILLAMETTE--Type 90 hop pellets 1 # 9.40 9.40
TEUSP1 TETTNANGER US---Type 90 hop pellets 1 # 9.90 9.90
COP1 COLUMBUS--Type 90 hop pellets 1 # 8.65 8.65
MAUSP1 MAGNUM (US) --- Type 90 Hop Pellets 1 # 10.80 10.80
CALF CASCADE--Hop Leaf 1 lb 12.20 12.20
CRLF CRYSTAL--Hop Leaf

I have some other hops as well. I bought a hop value pack from ahs. I just can't remember what all was in it.

I would really like to have someone recommend a good ale recipe for me to start with with the stuff I have.

thanks in advance :)

You could do a really simple IPA or PA, or a SMaSH with the 2-row or MO. I'd recommend the Willamette, Cascade, or Columbus.

I think I may just do a SMaSH to start with. I like IPAs and such but I don't see one being ready very fast. I'm thinking something more malty with some toasted 2row?

Latest posts

Back