I need a good stout recipe!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrausenCrazedCanuck

Reaction score
With the cold weather on its way i need to brew up a heavy winter warmer for hibernation. My only restriction is grain bill size. my mash tun can only hold 13lbs of malt with 3.5 gallons of water. All input is appreciated!
Thanks

How big is your boil kettle? How good is your conversion/extraction efficiency. If your typical brewhouse efficiency is 50% no recipe I can give you will help. If you have a big boil kettle, a way to mill the grains finely, and are willing to put your mash tun aside and go BIAB it will open up a lot of possibilities.

With the cold weather on its way i need to brew up a heavy winter warmer for hibernation. My only restriction is grain bill size. my mash tun can only hold 13lbs of malt with 3.5 gallons of water. All input is appreciated!
Thanks

You can always add some extract to make a larger or stronger batch.
I'm going to brew an imperial stout early next year and am thinking about using three pounds of dark extract in a gallon of water to add to my normal three gallon batch to bump it up to four gallons.

Latest posts

Back