I Love Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gildog

Reaction score
man do i love winter..... at least as far as beer making goes

since i have a dedicated "beer room" i can crank down the heat in it and lager perfectly. and my first lager beer is now 3 weeks aged and man does it taste goooooood.:mug:

i highly recomend to you newbies out there, if its winter where you live( i mean almost constant cold i live in central ny) you can probably lager jsut by putting your fermentor in a cool room. you only need 60 degrees to lager well.

and ther results are amazing after a year of only homebrewed ales.

i just brewed up a 5 gallon session lager with a second on the way so save for the summer.

any very cheap tips to lager in the warm months. im thinknig a party size tub with water and frozen 2 liter bottles with ice in them would work.

Party-size tub with the t-shirt trick should work. I am also lagering like crazy right now. I have a fridge that gets down to 33 so I just lager in there after fermenting at 52 which is what my basement is at. The fridge makes all of my other beer too cold to drink but I think it's worth it. I pour it and just wait for 10 minutes or so and it's fine.

Back