I just made my second batch of Pale Ale. I noticed some transparent clouds floating around but not sure if its an infection or normal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjpko

Reaction score
Here is an image of what i am talking about and a video too.

Here is a video too

I

Totally normal. Looks like you got yourself a nice looking beer there.
Its such a relief to hear that. I didn't see that on my last batch which it was an amber ale, it could've been there i just didn't notice it. How would an infected beer would usually look like? is it easy to tell? is it usually pretty obvious?

Its such a relief to hear that. I didn't see that on my last batch which it was an amber ale, it could've been there i just didn't notice it. How would an infected beer would usually look like? is it easy to tell? is it usually pretty obvious?

Google infected beer! My advice would be to never just dump beer, even if it “looks infected” (unless you clearly see mold). Give it a taste, and give it some time.

Google infected beer! My advice would be to never just dump beer, even if it “looks infected” (unless you clearly see mold). Give it a taste, and give it some time.
Would it make you sick though?

I agree with brewval.
There has never been anything found in beer that will kill you and very very few things that can make you sick, which is usually the runs at worst.
Close the lid and stop looking in it until it ferments out. Once fermented, lift the lid and look for spores (obvious mold floating on top). If it looks good, smell it. If it smells good, taste it. If it tastes good, keg it up and drink it.
As I said to another person here who had the same concern:
Never add worry to your beer. Care is a fine ingredient but worry, always makes beer taste terrible!:)

I had a beer "sour" a couple of months ago. Through the help of some on here, I'm fairly certain how it happened. At any rate, multiple people drank it up until it started to turn...and I in all honesty tried to convince myself that it was fine for a period of time afterwards. My taste buds didn't agree, so down the drain it went. Pride was a little nauseated perhaps, but no ill effects were endured by any.

FWIW, I had pellicle form on a mead . I hit it with metabisulfate and sorbistat k. I racked under the pellicle and everything tasted fine . So never dump without tasting it .

Back