I hit 500 beers on Untappd!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forstmeister

Reaction score
That's right, 500 unique check-ins. It took a couple years to do it, and I'm not sure if I should be happy or scared by that number.

Anyone got more?

I got 1049 distinct beers in my first year, added another 40 in the half month since my anniversary. Glad I didn't keep track of the $ spent

Any without hops? I'm interested in the taste of the beer with other gruit or nothing to change the flavor aroma or bitterness/sweetness

Lozootmaniac said:
Any without hops? I'm interested in the taste of the beer with other gruit or nothing to change the flavor aroma or bitterness/sweetness

I'm not sure if this is a serious question or if you're messing with me? No hops? Are you crazy!?

skeezerpleezer said:
I got 1049 distinct beers in my first year, added another 40 in the half month since my anniversary. Glad I didn't keep track of the $ spent

How the hell did you clock 3 different beers a day for a year? That's crazy!

I guess I drink a lot and try to drink new stuff when I can (not a lot of duplicates). Having a bar with 110 taps that change regularly a half mile away from my house helps. I also attend a lot of festivals and travel a good amount for work, so get to try new things all over the country and not have to pay for them.

To be fair, I only started tracking beers a couple years back. I have been on a quest to try them all for at least 6-7 years. I used to keep a bottle cap from each beer but lost the collection in a move a few years back.

Usually at festivals I lose track and forget to check in to at least half my beers it seems.

I don't count my samples, only 12oz or bigger. I also haven't kept great track of my distinct beers before Untappd but if I remember right i've had around 75 distinct check-ins since I started in May, but there are check-ins I missed and like I said I only check 12oz or more.

dudius said:
I don't count my samples, only 12oz or bigger. I also haven't kept great track of my distinct beers before Untappd but if I remember right i've had around 75 distinct check-ins since I started in May, but there are check-ins I missed and like I said I only check 12oz or more.

I count anything 4 oz and larger. A sip or two doesn't cut it.

I started keeping track of mine on untappd last fall, and i'm up to almost 300 so far. Going to a local bottle share once a week helps.

I count anything 4 oz and larger. A sip or two doesn't cut it.

I agree here. I started out only counting a whole pour (10-16oz) but realized a lot of beers are meant for small pours (like Chocolate Rain, Dark Lord, etc). Now I try to make sure it is a good 4+oz before I check it in.

skeezerpleezer said:
I agree here. I started out only counting a whole pour (10-16oz) but realized a lot of beers are meant for small pours (like Chocolate Rain, Dark Lord, etc). Now I try to make sure it is a good 4+oz before I check it in.

Exactly right! My #500 this weekend was a barrel aged porter from 2011 by 3 Floyd's. it was a $50 bottle that was split several ways

I'm not sure if this is a serious question or if you're messing with me? No hops? Are you crazy!?
Don't you know. Hops aren't the only thing you can use to bitter beer. The Cannabaceae family also has other genus. And Humulus has others too. You have to look though. Not for us or beer supply outlets. I can't even legally say anymore without getting banned just take a look with google. Or get used to experiments.

Back