I am so old

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so old my programming knowledge is from the golden age of computers.
I'm so old staying up late working on this thing makes me feel like Bill the cat looks...burnttoastedwastedfried...:D

I remember when Joe Piscopo was funny.
I remember when the 7 words you can never say on television could never be said on television.
I remember lawn darts.
Kathleen Turner was hot.
Some folks thought Ted Danson was a stud!
TV would get fuzzy if you moved the tin foil the wrong way.

I remember when the Russians were the enemy, Iran was our friend, anything made in China or Japan was of inferior quality, A burger, fries & a coke was only $1, Drive-in movies were common, as were drive-in restaurants and you could smoke just about anywhere.
Regards, GF.

I'm so old my stuff from my days as a programming student belong in the Smithsonian.
I'm so old, even my car can have historic plates.
I'm so old the opening of my first book was from memory rather than research.
I'm so old, the space age & the muscle car were still being invented.
I'm so old I remember being a greaser.
I'm so old, all tires were bias-ply.
I'm so old, all music was on plastic discs with needle grooves.
I'm so old, all radios we AM.:ban::mug::ban:

Im so old I'm don't remember if I responded to this already

I'm so old, my. Hair has forgotten brown
I'm so old my pee flow is, umm, weak. :(

I'm so old that I remember watching Saturday Night Live with Bill Murray, John Belushi, Dan Akroyd, Jane Curtin, Gilda Radner, Garret Morris and all those guys. I remember seeing the killer bees skit, the samurai dry cleaner, and "Land Shark".

I'm so old my prom theme was fire!
I'm so old I met the guy that invented the wheel.
I'm so old that pluto was still a planet.

I'm so old that my Dad told me if he caught me listening to the Beatles on my AM transistor radio, he'd take it away from me!

I'm so old that you could buy candy cigarettes and be "cool" pretending you were smoking.

I'm so old that TV dinners were a rare treat and hardly anything good came in a can.

I'm so old that I had a red Schwinn banana seat bike with ape-hanger handlebars and red/sparkly streamers and thought I was so cool!

I'm so old that my Camaro had one of those new 8-track tape players.

I'm so old I remember car's had split windshields.
I'm so old regular gas was 25c per gallon
I'm so old cigs were 35c
I'm so old the only computers were in colleges
I'm so old blue jeans were dungarees
I'm so old new cars were as low as $2,700
I'm so old I remember using brill cream in my hair

Damn, that's old.

......I saw Star Wars when it was originally released
......audio was vinyl, tapes and some cars still had 8 track
......watched HR Puff N Stuff
......dial phones, TV's had a top VHF knob and a bottom UHF knob and a ring around each knob for fine tuning. Early remotes had a cord.
......Fedco, Gemco, Orhbach's, Woolworth
......the Solid Gold dancers
......Ali vs Hearns
......waterbeds
......Chuck Norris in Good Guys Wear Black
......checkered Vans w/o socks + OP corduroy shorts + Lightning Bolt puffy jacket with removable sleeves

I'm so old that I had a red Schwinn banana seat bike with ape-hanger handlebars and red/sparkly streamers and thought I was so cool!

all decked out as a Toledo Mud Hen, set to ride in a neighborhood 4th of July parade.

red Schwinn: it's not red, it's orange, but CHECK!

banana seat: CHECK!

ape-hanger handlebars: they're not extreme ape-hangers, but CHECK!

red/sparkly streamers: not red, not sparkly, but CHECK!

cool: effin'-A right, CHECK!

10526039_10204504474395599_7672327554525869537_n.jpg

I'm so old, all tires were bias-ply.
.:ban::mug::ban:

I'm so old the only tires I could afford when I was 16 were retread bias-ply.

I'm so old the computers were only in large corporations and for fun I got to go shred old punch cards.

I'm so old my first "calculator" weighed about 50 lbs and was a surplus from my Dad's employment....bigger than a typewriter.

I'm so old I remember sticker shock on an Impala being over $3K....the first year of the hump over rear wheels.

I'm so old my first radio was a crystal set....WLS Chicago was it's only station and late at night.......SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY on US41 in Union Grove, WI!!!!!:D

I'm so old I rolled up my white shirt sleeves to put a pack of Lucky's in 'em...whether I smoked or not.

I'm so old I remember Tiger Wax in my hair at night trying to make it "butch" cut naturally.

I'm so old See Rock City barns were everywhere.

but all that is nothing compared to my Dad who visited for Thanksgiving and really made me feel young and dumb:D God bless him.

I'm so old we made phone calls in phone booths, which is also where Superman occasionally changed his clothes.

I'm so old we solved math equations using the "brain app."

I'm so old the only tires I could afford when I was 16 were on a covered wagon.

I'm so old the computers were only in imaginations and for fun I got to go shred old roots for the family to eat.

I'm so old my first "calculator" was an abacus.

I'm so old I remember sticker shock on a Chariot being over 3 copper pieces....the first year of the hump over rear camels.

I'm so old my first radio was a strong set of lungs....

I'm so old I taught some French solder named Zouave who broke his clay pipe how to roll tobacco in a scrap of gun powder bag.

I'm so old I remember only bees had wax.

I'm so old I remember when barns were invented.

:pipe:

I'm so old the average watermelon had a billion seeds in it.

I'm so old it took a week to learn whether your photos came out okay.

I'm so old we used large maps made of paper, and none of us could ever re-fold them back the way they came.

I'm so old I grew up around farmers markets, played in corn fields, jumped off the train bridge into the river, never heard of GMO, Lute Olsen coached the Iowa Hawkeyes and I cried when Lennon was shot.

I'm so old, Noah was my first skipper.

I'm so old, time was figured by the sun's shadow

I'm so old toothpicks were made from bone

I'm so old... I'm so dang old....What were we talking about?
☺️

I'm so old, I remember when "BMC's" actually tasted good.
I'm so old, I remember when Christmas was a big family deal.
I'm so old, I remember what Watkin's is.
I'm so old, I remember when F1's had the engine in the front with a fat driver & skinny tires.
I'm so old, I remember when razors had nerf bars & two sharp edges.
I'm so old, lawnmowers had to be pushed to cut the grass.

Oops. Sorry. I had to edit this post. I accidentally posted on the wrong thread and deleted what I wrote here.

It had to do with the word, acronym blog. I remembers when nobody knew or heard that word though. My meaning get of it

Beer Lovers One Group

😃
Cheers
Dan

I'm so old my first car only had an AM dial radio
I'm so old my High School didn't have AC
I'm so old I watched Laser Disc movies and thought the picture was "so clear"
I'm so old I remember taping songs of the radio using 2 boomboxes facing each other.
I'm so old I lived through a great deal of my life not having the internet, cell phones, gps, satellite radio, video game consoles, etc.

I'm so old I feel like the man who fell to earth.
I'm so old this seems like an alternate time line
I'm so old I'm out of place
I'm too old to go to outer space
I'm so old that I don't fit
I'm so old the young think I'm full of****...

I'm so old my first car only had an AM dial radio
I'm so old my High School didn't have AC
I'm so old I watched Laser Disc movies and thought the picture was "so clear"
I'm so old I remember taping songs of the radio using 2 boomboxes facing each other.
I'm so old I lived through a great deal of my life not having the internet, cell phones, gps, satellite radio, video game consoles, etc.

Do you have kids?

It's crazy having to explain to my 8 year old what a cassette tape, VHS tape, and record was. He once saw a rotary dial phone and did not know what it did.

And on another note, realized the other day while getting a Mighty Kids Nugget meal for the 5 year old, I am so old I remember who Ronald McDonald, and the Hamburgler were.

I remember when you could sometimes get 4 channels on the b&w tv.

I remember when you played outside all the time cuz there wasn't anything to freakin do inside.

I remember when two of us could go to a pro hockey game for $28, and that included parking and two hot dogs and two sodas.

I remember when blowing nothing up with an M200 taped to 2 liter of gas wasn't a terroristic act.

I remember when stores were closed on Sundays.

I remember paper routes.

I remember when everyone was neighborly, except for old man Johnson two streets over.

I remember praying that I could find a usable reference at the library for a school paper, otherwise you were stuck turning the one paragraph in the Encyclopedia Britannica into a two page story.

I remember being allowed to play and sled ride on school/public property.

I remember nuns with wooden rulers.

I remember cars with bench seats.

I remember selling things door to door as a kid. Lots of stuff ... and constantly.
Seeds, Greeting Cards, Grit Newspaper, Michigan Out of Doors Magazine. Also my own collection (at about the age of 7) of household stuff I'd come up with ... pens, hangers, boxes of Tid-Bits, Fizzy Pops, and other stuff I'd found around. Also did all kinds of fundraisers for school, though slightly less willingly.

My biggest moneymaker was shining shoes door to door.
Had my wooden shoe shine box with the foot rest on top. .25cents a pair. I'd often get 5 or 10 pair at one house. And it was a renewing sale ... shoes got scuffed.
Seems at about half the households the "man of the house" would invariably tell me to contact him when I was older because he was going to hire me. (The other half of the households ... probably often said, "oh no, him again".)

In modern times I don't know that as an adult, I have ever seen a kid do door-to-door anymore other than occasionally for school.
No gumption in kids these days.

I remember selling things door to door as a kid. Lots of stuff ... and constantly.
Seeds, Greeting Cards, Grit Newspaper, Michigan Out of Doors Magazine. Also my own collection (at about the age of 7) of household stuff I'd come up with ... pens, hangers, boxes of Tid-Bits, Fizzy Pops, and other stuff I'd found around. Also did all kinds of fundraisers for school, though slightly less willingly.
Biggest moneymaker was shining shoes door to door.
Had my wooden shoe shine box with the foot rest on top. .25cents a pair. I'd often get 5 or 10 pair at one house. And it was a renewing sale ... shoes got scuffed.
Seems at about half the households the "man of the house" would invariably tell me to contact him when I was older because he was going to hire me. (The other half of the households ... probably often said, "oh no, him again".)

In modern times I don't know that as an adult, I have ever seen a kid do door-to-door anymore other than occasionally for school. No gumption in kids these days.

No offense buddy, but how old are you if you don't mind telling?

Back