Howdy from Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philm63

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, not really a new brewer per se, been brewing 5-gallon batches (all grain) since 2012 but have not touched the stuff for the last 3+ years due to a couple factors - kids, and moving from Georgia to Ohio.

Starting back up soon - still have all my old gear - burner, kettles, glass carboys, temp-controlled chest freezer for fermentation, grain mill, stir plate and some Erlenmeyers, etc. Heck I still have my old stash of grain - probably ready for the dump at this point. Been stored cool and dry in a sealed bag, but 3+ years! Time for all new grain, me thinks.

The plan for start-up is two-fold; just get a batch done on the old gear so I can at least have something fermenting, and continue setting up the new system. Yeah, a new system. Oh man... a WHOLE new system. In the basement, all electric (fresh 240 V, 30A GFCI breaker feeding a new circuit to the brewery - no screwin' around with that part!), 3-vessel HERMS, commercial condensate hood (no screwin' around with that part, either!), SS Brewtech Unitank with glycol chiller, motorized mill, oh man... I gotta rethink things... so much more to learn... Expect lots of questions.

And from the Great Land, Alaska, welcome. I’ll second the pic request.
Cheers

Back