Howdy from NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got really bored last week and was browsing the internet and found the episode of "Good Eats" where Alton made his own beer and something just sorta clicked. Ran down to my local home brew supply shop, picked up a home brew kit, and went at it. My first batch is a Belgian Whit Ale, or an attempt at one anyway. I'm currently in the process of trying to find a cheap mini-fridge on Craig's List to start making Lagers with. I have a few more days until I rack my primary into my carboy, and then another few weeks before I try it. I think I'm really going to enjoy this hobby.

Welcome :)
That episode was pretty good, but I think he needs to "revisit" it and "update" some of his techniques. ;)

I'm currently in the process of trying to find a cheap mini-fridge on Craig's List to start making Lagers with. . . . I think I'm really going to enjoy this hobby.
Showing all the signs of early addiction :cross:

Cool, you're just down the river from me :mug:
A group of us from the Delaware River area got together a few weeks ago at The Ship Inn. Keep an eye out for another gathering. I'll try to remember to give you a heads up if I hear anything. Happy brewing!

Showing all the signs of early addiction :cross:

Cool, you're just down the river from me :mug:
A group of us from the Delaware River area got together a few weeks ago at The Ship Inn. Keep an eye out for another gathering. I'll try to remember to give you a heads up if I hear anything. Happy brewing!

Awesome, thanks :)

Back