From hoochin to homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello
I’m a new home brewer about to start my first attempt using some real equipment. I was really into beers but a year or so ago I was dealing with some health stuff and I figured out I’m gluten intolerant. So now I’m on a journey to make some quality gluten free brews.

I attempted some cider hooch a few times last year in some half gallon plastic jugs with bread yeast (using what I had on hand). I made some terrible tasting, but drinkable cider.

That brings me to now, the wife got me a stainless 7.5 gal fermenter and I got some better ingredients. I’m looking to join this community of brewers and arm myself with some of your knowledge.

Looking forward to picking your brains!

Welcome... Lots of good advice to be had here... pretty friendly crowd, all-in-all...

some easy recipes to take a look at...

For easy and tasty cider: Man, I love Apfelwein
For easy and tasty mead: Joe's Ancient Orange Mead
For easy and tasty cream ale:Cream Ale - Cream of Three Crops (Cream Ale)
For an easy and tasty blonde ale:Blonde Ale - Centennial Blonde (Simple 4% All Grain, 5 & 10 Gall)
For easy and tasty pale ale:American Pale Ale - Da Yooper's House Pale Ale

There plenty more to choose from but these are a few of the simpler and more popular ones to get you started.

Good luck, and welcome to the obsession :bigmug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back