How many gallons of Mead, 2022!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 gal traditional mead
1 gal blueberry melomel
1 gal vanilla mead
2 gal traditional
165.7+5=170.7

4 gallons of Strawberry/Rhubarb/Raspberry BOMM melomel

172.7 + 4 =176.7 gallons

Last edited:
Two gallons blueberry mead
Two gallons Viking Blud clone
One gallon onion blossom traditional
One gallon wildflower traditional
One gallon mixed berry mead
7+179.7=186.7

Snuck in those last three melomels. (Such vivid colors!)

186.7 +3 = 189.7

Two gallons blueberry mead
Two gallons Viking Blud clone
One gallon onion blossom traditional
One gallon wildflower traditional
One gallon mixed berry mead
7+179.7=186.7
Where do you get your onion blossom honey, please? I've tried internet searches but can't seem to find it. Thank you, in advance, if you do reply.

Where do you get your onion blossom honey, please? I've tried internet searches but can't seem to find it. Thank you, in advance, if you do reply.
A friend got hold of a bucket from a farmer and resold it in 5lb buckets. He has never been able to get any since that batch. Thats said I'm in South Africa, so shipping would be a nightmare.
Best bet to get some would be to find seed farmers that have onions - they tend to either have hives or let others put up hives near their crops.

A friend got hold of a bucket from a farmer and resold it in 5lb buckets. He has never been able to get any since that batch. Thats said I'm in South Africa, so shipping would be a nightmare.
Best bet to get some would be to find seed farmers that have onions - they tend to either have hives or let others put up hives near their crops.
Thank you for responding. I appreciate it.

The first batch of JAOM was so good, had to make another, squeezed the oranges this time to see what it does.......5 gallons

3 Gal Straight Mead
3 Gal Grapefruit/Ginger Mead
3 Gal Rhubarb Mead
3 Gal Winter Spiced Mead
5 Gal Carmel Apple Mead
2 Gal Strawberry Banana Mead
So that's 19 from me.

237.2 + 19 = 256.2

36 gallons last week, 12 of cyser, 12 of spiced caramelized cyser and 12 gallons of caramelized cyser. 303.2

Back