How Many Gallons of Homebrew in 2018?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 gals brüt amber ale, 20lbs Munich malt, no bittering hops just 2oz jarylo whirlpool....expected FG of 1.000 with the help of 13g's glucoamylase

8363.5+10=8373.5

+ 5 american wheat
+5 dark hefe
+5 belgian blond
+5 north american alt bier
= 8456

Question: what do y’all do with all this beer? I drink my fair share, and with re-starting brewing in late may, I have about 25 gallons brewed with 5 batches. I would be doing good to get 100 gallons in a year.
Do you have that many more friends that drink so much??

How does one go through 8,000+ gallons of beer in a year?

two glasses:)

This is the total for all brewers posting.

If you want add your 25 to the latest total you too will have the 8K problem.

Well, aren’t I dumb...
I thought people must have way more friends than me to go through that much...
Carry on

i get cussed out here too, no worries...angry alcoholics and all that...lol

just brewed my first batch of beer with my new 200ohm resistor modded oven for a kiln...came out light, and hoppy. added gluco, and had to wait till today to get my US-05 yeast but it started bubbling over night, so it's probably going to be 'tart'....but good none the less...

i believe the total would be

8456+10=8466

i get cussed out here too, no worries...angry alcoholics and all that...lol

just brewed my first batch of beer with my new 200ohm resistor modded oven for a kiln...came out light, and hoppy. added gluco, and had to wait till today to get my US-05 yeast but it started bubbling over night, so it's probably going to be 'tart'....but good none the less...

i believe the total would be

8456+10=8466
I don't think anyone is angry in this thread. We correct mistakes when they are made, but it is not out of anger, just a desire to be accurate. And alcoholics go to meetings; i'm a drunk. [emoji4]

I don't think anyone is angry in this thread. We correct mistakes when they are made, but it is not out of anger, just a desire to be accurate. And alcoholics go to meetings; i'm a drunk. [emoji4]

i did say "lol" didn't i? and another one, lol...and how about a smiley face while i'm at it :), or 2 :)... and i notice your smiley, and want to say cheers and knock beer glasses with you! just had to go up a few posts on this thread to find the last tally, and wanted to say 'no worries' thinking other homebrewers are brewing 8000 gals a year plus....i only brew about 500...

Well, aren’t I dumb...
I thought people must have way more friends than me to go through that much...
Carry on
Not to feel dumb – I thought the same thing when I started following this thread. You were smart enough to ask the question. I know there are some insanely commited brewers on these sites, but 8,000 gallons?

Brewed a week ago today.
5 gallons IIPA
7 gallons Bourbon barrel Porter. It was supposed to be 5 but my borrowed pot didn't boil much off and I over sparged. Added 1lb DME to make up some gravity.

believe the total would be

8456+10=8466

8466+12=8478

This being the first year with a 4-tap kegerator, my brewing increased exponentially.

I’ll try to remember it all:
10 gallons Flanders Red
10 gallons Cascade IPA
5 gallons Three Floyd’s Zombie Ipa
10 gallons Denny Conns Rye Ipa
5 gallons Yoopers oatmeal stout
10 gallons Vanilla Bourbon Porter
10 gallons NE IPA
5 gallons mango sour
5 gallons Farmhouse Saison
5 gallons Bee Cave house ale
5 Gallons ‘cream of three crops’
5 Gallons Citra Citrus IPA
10 Gallons Dogfishhead 60min clone.

I think that’s all but I could me missing something. Before the end of the year i’ll have an Imperial Porter (fermenting now) and probably another IPA.

Total not including future brews = 8573

If it's fermenting, it counts, I believe.

i think according to the gov'ment, once you add yeast it's beer. and as far as future brews, this is a running total, i think. the year is still young and i plan on brewing at least 120 gallons more this year! i'm only up to 320 so far and need more beer! kegs ain't going to keep themselves full! lol

I thought the federal legal limit was 100 gals per year for an individual and 200 gals per year for a family with 2 or more adults, and states can make lower limits. I recall seeing someone mention their state had a limit on how much you can have on hand.

I thought the federal legal limit was 100 gals per year for an individual and 200 gals per year for a family with 2 or more adults, and states can make lower limits. I recall seeing someone mention their state had a limit on how much you can have on hand.

lol, yeah maybe i should start a how many gallons of whiskey thread in the distilling topic....and i try to keep 6 5 gal cornies full at all times...

but your very right i'm over the legal limit....hopefully the atf isn't monitoring and look up my ip address....lol, in jail for brewing to much homebrew! think i'd get respect from the 'G's? :)

lol, yeah maybe i should start a how many gallons of whiskey thread in the distilling topic....and i try to keep 6 5 gal cornies full at all times...

but your very right i'm over the legal limit....hopefully the atf isn't monitoring and look up my ip address....lol, in jail for brewing to much homebrew! think i'd get respect from the 'G's? :)

It is either in someone footnote thing or it was a post but it was something like "you are ok to post whatever you want here, the feds only monitor facebook"

There was a guy in Portland that was running bar type thing in his basement that served homebrew at no charge, but there was a donation jar. He got TV and news coverage which got someone's attention. They closed him down using the 200gal limit.

It is either in someone footnote thing or it was a post but it was something like "you are ok to post whatever you want here, the feds only monitor facebook"

There was a guy in Portland that was running bar type thing in his basement that served homebrew at no charge, but there was a donation jar. He got TV and news coverage which got someone's attention. They closed him down using the 200gal limit.

no (i'll even type it out) poopy? i don't sell or give away any though..i just drink THAT MUCH... 4 beers a day doesn't cut it....

damn it i always high-jack threads here....

if your wondering the current tally for the year is still 8583 gallons...

+ 11 gallons Norfolk Pilsner
+ 4.75 gallons Festbier

=8609.25

just added yeast to a brew 20#'s sprouted barley dried then kilned at 150f for 12 hours, and 2oz's dark crystal blend before my oven mod, 1.5oz's jarrylo hops for ~60min, .75oz jarrylo for ~15min

got a OG of 1.059 added gluco to finish it dry..so the tally is (and i don't think enough people brew beer since i always have to scroll way down to find this thread)

8644+10=8654

Back