How many gallons of BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde have been brewed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+ 5.5 with 2 lbs ginger candy and 1/2 gallon ginger tea for the Ginger Centennial Blonde Ale

= 6400

Not going to lie...this was my Dad’s favorite beer I brewed for him one time a few years back when he visited and I was really into homebrewing. We made a 10 gallon batch of this together because he’s been a light beer drinker for years and I wanted to show him the love and craft of brewing. We had a blast that day swapping stories and laughs. After dumping the spent grains from the mash tun on a cold rainy day, he looks at me and says, “ it looks like an elephant took a crap behind that tree, with all the steam rising up!”

Agreed

After fermentation, we kegged, carbed it up, and put on tap. Shortly after testing, he said this was his favorite beer! 3 days later, I go pour myself a pint after work, that first keg kicked! I look at him and say, “already?” He happily says, “That’s a good draft!”

He passed away earlier this year, and since I’ve become a Lead Brewer at Iron Hill Brewery, to honor my “Dad’s Favorite Blonde” Ale, I’ll name it just that! Add 310 gallons to the number going, as I’ve brewed up a 10 BBL batch of this. I have to say thank you to Biermuncher for creating this wonderful house beer and something that you can really pound down. Best way to put it, and to quote my father, “It’s a really good draft!”

Coming soon on draft at Iron Hill Brewery, North Wales, PA. Come get some!

Boom! A 5% increase. 6726...

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Peckerwood! Hope the batch is a big success and will serve your dads memory well.

Been a while since I brewed this, but I haven’t recorded it here. Put me down for 10.

=6736

In three-years, I have brewed 7-20 gallon batches for a total of 140 gallons (just kegged the last 20 I brewed!). A Favorite!

6,901+140 = 7,401

I bought a kit at my LHBS and brewed it earlier this year. Loved it. Saw this thread and was intrigued. Guess what? it's the same recipe. Put me down for another 5gal.
7676 + 5 = 7681

7681 + 6 = 7687

Finally got around to brew this for the first time.

7687 + 5 = 7692

I finally got around to brewing this the end of December, turned out really good. Everyone that tried it liked it.

I've brewed three 5 gallon batches in the last couple of years, probably another one coming up this summer.

7692 + 15 = 7707

Last edited:
Funny thread, but it is a fan favorite at parties so it goes down fast...I brewed a couple gallon batches to test then a 5 gal for superbowl

7752 +1 +1 + 5 = 7759

Add another 310 gallons to the number going, as I’ve brewed another 10 BBL batch of this.
7366 + 310 = 7676

Currently on Tap at Iron Hill Brewery in North Wales, PA

Thats awesome! Great way to remember your father. I'm local to you, I'd love to come try it next time its on!

Killer recipe. Its a fan favorite and one I'll be brewing again.

7759 + 10 = 7769

I’ve brewed this recipe at least 8 times. Cost effective and great beer. So 10gal x 8 equals 80 gal here...

I brewed this for my non craft beer drinking family and friends. They all loved it! Will be brewing another batch soon..

7873 +5=7878

Back