How Many Gallons Brewed In 2021

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5962 +
5 gal. Happy CA cow cream ale
6 gal. Belgian Dirty Blond
= 5973

so the belgian dirty blond got an extra gallon huh? is this why?

1634022555498.png

edit: damn, now i need head like that! actually spilling over the rim, but like thick....

This batch wanted to be a repeat of my Belgian pale. However I tried to substitute some crystal 20 + crystal 75 to get crystal 50/60. The result was much darker than ‘pale’. The flavors from the darker one should be interesting.

I usually get about 5.5 gal, but this one came out higher with only a 2 pt hit on the gravity, 1.053 vs 1.055. Maybe a little less boil off, offset with a little better efficiency? DK.

Nuts. I keep forgetting about this thread.

Since I was last here: 6gal Special Bitter, 6gal Northern Brown, 6gal CAP, 6gal German Pils, 6 gal CAP.

5x6=30gal.

6009.6+30=6044.5
so the belgian dirty blond got an extra gallon huh? is this why?

View attachment 745363

edit: damn, now i need head like that! actually spilling over the rim, but like thick....

I think there might be some funny business at play in that photo. Kinda looks like shaving cream on top of honey to me. And those glasses are all wrong.

Yeah, you know you're a homebrewer when you write the preceding paragraph.

Edit: Total fixed thanks to ba-brewer.

Last edited:
Nuts. I keep forgetting about this thread.

Since I was last here: 6gal Special Bitter, 6gal Northern Brown, 6gal CAP, 6gal German Pils, 6 gal CAP.

5x6=30gal.

6009.6+30=60039.

I think there might be some funny business at play in that photo. Kinda looks like shaving cream on top of honey to me. And those glasses are all wrong.

Yeah, you know you're a homebrewer when you write the preceding paragraph.
should be 6044.5

Back