How many gallons brewed in 2020

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 gal SMASH NEPA +
5 gal SMASH NEPA (see...not a typo, New England Pale Ale not an IPA) +
5 gal Standard Porter +
5 gal Red Ale =
20 gal in 4 days

and really?, the US feds place a limit on homebrew and actually enforce it? land of the free?

5 gal SMASH NEPA +
5 gal SMASH NEPA (see...not a typo, New England Pale Ale not an IPA) +
5 gal Standard Porter +
5 gal Red Ale =
20 gal in 4 days

and really?, the US feds place a limit on homebrew and actually enforce it? land of the free?
This is a running tally of all brewers posting, just adds your to the last total in the future.

And yes it is 100 gal for an individual and 200 gal if there is more than one adult in the household. Some states limit how much you can have on hand too.

88 + 20 = 108

feel pretty lazy, single 2gal batched that was split.

1gal of extract WLP037 ordinary bitter
1gal of extract WLP515 ordinary bitter

108 + 2 = 110

This is a running tally of all brewers posting, just adds your to the last total in the future.

And yes it is 100 gal for an individual and 200 gal if there is more than one adult in the household. Some states limit how much you can have on hand too.

88 + 20 = 108

Oops, sorry re: the math concept.

And, to be clear to all those listening, I won't be brewing any more beer all year...20 gals in 4 days, that's it...not a drop more...nope, dry county...yessireebob...no cider...no wine...nada

+10 gal american wheat
+10 gal dry stout

180 + 5 gal 80/- + 5 gal Blondie = 190 gal

With the limit of 200 gallons per household, be darned if I will tell the Feds how much I intend to make. Let them work to find out.

There’s an old aviation adage: Fly what you want. Log what you need.

Last edited:
Perhaps, however I’m not foolish enough to post over the limit amounts, though my brewing has never even approached the limit.

If you get worried make sure you shop different LHBS and pay cash. :)

Seen someone's footer that had a quote with something like "Say what you want the feds only monitor facebook and twitter"

Last edited:
1 gallon from leftover 2019 supplies, some 2-row pale, Maris Otter, and a touch of victory malt, with norther brewer hops.

228 + 1 = 229

edit: composition

Back