How long and where do you store bottles of homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydrasports

Reaction score
After bottling your brew and say you use the oxygen Absorbing caps; if you want to store your beer for a long time (how long can you store home brew anyway) where do you store it? Do you store it at room temp or do you get it in a refer to keep cool and store the brew?

I have stored it for months on end at room temperature, I leave it in a box in my pantry away from the light. Have not had a problem with any spoinled beer yet.

I store my beer bottles in cases, stacked on the floor underneath my brew table in the basement. Most of my beer gets drunk within a few months, but I have also stored some bigger beers for more than a year.

I age them at room temp,but I think storing them after that in a cooler place would be better. I'm trying the o2 absorber caps on our two latest brews myself.

I have been setting 7% and above beers a side for my 50th b-day. The longest I have ever had a beer is 8 years no special cap just lost at my inlaws fridge in the basement. It was 8% Belgian Duppel and it was awesome. Storing mine in my lagering chest freezer on the hump

Back