How I Got Kicked From Beer Advocate (& HBT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread has been terribly entertaining. The real question here that I have though is, the OP got banned from HBT, right?

I went through about half of the thread hoping to see another post from him and I gave up at around page 35. His replies literally made me laugh out loud, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any other gems.

This thread has been terribly entertaining. The real question here that I have though is, the OP got banned from HBT, right?

I went through about half of the thread hoping to see another post from him and I gave up at around page 35. His replies literally made me laugh out loud, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any other gems.

Yes, OP was banned. They were under 21 which is a big no no.

Jeez! Are we still going on about Gary_Oak?!? There's far more important stuff to discuss such as the superiority of traditional boiled sweets to any other candy.

In-favor or Opposed: Jelly Belly Draft Beer flavored jelly beans.

Me: They capture a nice slight malty taste, but lack any sort of character. Kind of reminds me of a BMC light lager.

Me: They capture a nice slight malty taste, but lack any sort of character. Kind of reminds me of a BMC light lager.

Haven't tried them, posted them in this thread a couple of weeks ago though. Almost bought them just for novelty's sake.

Opposed. This stance will be reviewed if a) a single hop edition is ever released or b) they double the quantity of bears used in secondary.

I hate anything with banana in it, banana is vile, especially with candies, where you expect a nice lemon sour and get that nasty banana flavour instead.

Was given some for christmas. Still have most of them left. They taste to me like warm flat stale BMC. And for some reason people added sugar to it and made it so that it sticks to your teeth.

Fair Field California has the Jelly Belly Factory across the way/down the block from the Budweiser factory. It is only a matter of time before the Jelly Belly logo gets replaced with Budweiser. :p

Hop jelly bellies would be the BOMB!

Someone get on the horn and send the request in to B-Hoppy!

Mmmmmm best way to learn how all the verities taste.

The most amazing thing about this thread was there was over 300 posts in the first 8 hours and all during a work day. You literally could not keep up with the posts at some times. I guess you had to have been here. Guessing it was on average about 45 posts per hour.

The most amazing thing about this thread was there was over 300 posts in the first 8 hours and all during a work day. You literally could not keep up with the posts at some times. I guess you had to have been here. Guessing it was on average about 45 posts per hour.

The most amazing things about this thread are that someone actually likes kettle corn and that only two references to goats have been posted.

Back in the day, when the thread was about book reading and validity of adjuncts in beer. Now it's about a bunch of wrong people hating kettle corn.

:goat:

The most amazing things about this thread are that someone actually likes kettle corn and that only two references to goats have been posted.

The most amazing thing in this thread to me is finding someone from a different family who truly appreciates that Peeps are best served when "aged" in the proper manner (thanks BeerandBourbon!). Now to tell da wife that this is the way Peeps were meant to be eaten and others understand.

What started as a slow day at work has turned into quite an entertaining read.

Keep calm and goat on!

keep calm and goat on!

Image0001.JPG

The most amazing thing in this thread to me is finding someone from a different family who truly appreciates that Peeps are best served when "aged" in the proper manner (thanks BeerandBourbon!). Now to tell da wife that this is the way Peeps were meant to be eaten and others understand.

What started as a slow day at work has turned into quite an entertaining read.

Keep calm and goat on!

Wait, there are other ways to eat Peeps other than aging them to hardness?

Opposed. They're not very good at all. Not as bad as buttered popcorn jelly beans, but still pretty bad.

Black jelly beans are still the best.

I hate anything with banana in it, banana is vile, especially with candies, where you expect a nice lemon sour and get that nasty banana flavour instead.

Mmmmm. Banana licorice candy would be devine.

Finland leaves no candy horrors untouched:

10914388_1382242278748344_320203780_n.jpg

bansku=banaani=banana
mansku=mansikka=strawberry
toffee and choco you might understand without translation :D

Finland leaves no candy horrors untouched:

10914388_1382242278748344_320203780_n.jpg

bansku=banaani=banana
mansku=mansikka=strawberry
toffee and choco you might understand without translation :D

The two That were easy to figure out are the only two I would have eaten... Whether I understood what the other two meant or not. I like bananas... But not as candy, and aside from jolly rancher and a couple other items, I could probably do without strawberry candy as well.

Has anyone taken a hypo used for injecting seasoning into turkeys and filled the hypo with beer like a stout or porter or maybe even an ale, and inject it into the center of a peep! I'm just saying...:mug:

Back