How best to mount/suspend BG-12s?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicadrick

Reaction score
I am building a single tier and I'm curious how others are mounting/suspending this particular burner? I have a brew rack like pilzner has in this photo. Mine will be manually controlled and contain far less stainless :) I am planning to set the shelve much lower to keep the CG as low as possible.

Are you using the single small diameter screw hole at the center of the burner base? Possibly from a piece of flat bar anchoring with the center screw?

Are you hanging the whole lot from the burner orifice? I don't thing that would work for too long.

Let me know. Photos are always nice, too.

Thanks and Cheers!

towerburner.jpg

P1040300.jpg

P1040298.jpg

Thanks OneHoppyGuy! How did you determine how far below grade to set your burner? I like the cross bar mount. I am setting up to use a rolling refrigerator rack like pilzner has built here. My keggles will be much lower to keep the CG as low as possible. My next challenge is to figure out how to arrange some cross bar mounts. Any tips or ideas are welcomed!

Cheers

3 - 4 inches is about right. Remember the skirt on your keggle in your depth. Burners in photos are about 3".

Back