Hooked on Long Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scutly

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
hello all. new brewer on long island. boiled up a brewers best irish stout kit. brewed on fathers day, left in primary for 6 weeks and for reasons i could not control, i have not been able to sample until now so i just bottle conditioned for the last 3 months. refrigerated a sixer last week and cracked my very first bottle (well 5 bottles really) last night after work. hail to the beer gods i nailed it! absolutely delicious!

irish stout 1.jpg

hello all. new brewer on long island. boiled up a brewers best irish stout kit. brewed on fathers day, left in primary for 6 weeks and for reasons i could not control, i have not been able to sample until now so i just bottle conditioned for the last 3 months. refrigerated a sixer last week and cracked my very first bottle (well 5 bottles really) last night after work. hail to the beer gods i nailed it! absolutely delicious!

That's great!
The most important aspect of brewing is patience. The longer you let the yeast do there thing/drop out/and carb the better your product will be (within reason of course)

Where you from on the island, im in Huntington.

How great is that? My first few batches were not so good, but lately they are much better. Plenty of brewers and breweries on LI. Call it Beer Island.
Welcome.

Motion to change name to Beer Island Confirmed!!

I'm down for Beer Island! thanx for the welcome guys. im down on the south shore in Bohemia. trying to figure out what to brew next! thinking maybe that white house honey ale

Back