HomeBrewTalk.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChickenSoop

Reaction score
This is a great group.

After leaning to brew for the last 5 months, I learned so much here, - so I bought a membership.
:ban:

Well worth it. I probably would have given up if not for HBT.

The only downfall is that I can no longer drink commercial beer. I drink my homebrew down to the last drop, even as it warms up it tastes perfect. Even at room temperature, it sure is tasty.

But commercial beer - once it starts warming up a bit, the skunkiness shines through. It is gross.

Cheers to HomeBrewTalk.com :mug:

This is a great group.

After leaning to brew for the last 5 months, I learned so much here, - so I bought a membership.
:ban:

Well worth it. I probably would have given up if not for HBT.

The only downfall is that I can no longer drink commercial beer. I drink my homebrew down to the last drop, even as it warms up it tastes perfect. Even at room temperature, it sure is tasty.

But commercial beer - once it starts warming up a bit, the skunkiness shines through. It is gross.

Cheers to HomeBrewTalk.com :mug:

Oh, I hear you! I bought a Beer Machine 2000 a while ago, and the beer wasn't good. But it wasn't so terrible that I couldn't visualize making decent beer. But I didn't know how- it seemed so difficult!

Then, I starting making wine and tried beer again. I had a quick question after a couple of batches, so I ran to the internet. I found HBT and asked a really silly question. Nobody laughed at me (at least, they didn't admit to it) and I stuck around and made some more beer. I became a paying supporter within a week or so, because I learned more in that short time than I did in any book.

I'm still here. I still brew. I blame all of you! :D

I found HBT and asked a really silly question. Nobody laughed at me (at least, they didn't admit to it) and I stuck around and made some more beer.

This is seriously the biggest thing that HBT has going for it. There isn't the whole "NoOb" mentality, and conversation is always nice and civil.

Maybe it's because we may actually meet some of these people in real life?

I remember when I first came to HBT. I said to my wife, 'These magnificent bastards are actually making beer right from GRAIN!'

The idea was so alien to me I simply couldn't imagine people being able to do that at home. I got my diapers changed a few times and eventually let these guys teach me to toddle.

This is seriously the biggest thing that HBT has going for it. There isn't the whole "NoOb" mentality, and conversation is always nice and civil.

Maybe it's because we may actually meet some of these people in real life?
So true. Most forums are strangers that like to act cool on the internet, here we actual see people as they are and there is a sense of cummunity where everyone (mostly at least) feels comfortbale actually meeting each other.
I remember when I first came to HBT. I said to my wife, 'These magnificent bastards are actually making beer right from GRAIN!'

The idea was so alien to me I simply couldn't imagine people being able to do that at home. I got my diapers changed a few times and eventually let these guys teach me to toddle.

AMEN to that. I figured extratc brweing was just what the home brewer did, HA! Not me anymore.Sure the big guys can replicate batch after batch after bach, but I can make better tasting however I want everyitme. That's the only difference between them an us....oh and of course scale and that it's their job! boo

I totally agree, this is a very newbie-friendly and civil environment, and it's quickly taken me from staring mystified at the exotic craft of beer-brewing right through making my first all-grain batch. I'm planning on going to paid membership soon too, just I've spent the last week travelling and on unsecured wireless and I'd rather wait until I get back to do online purchases.

Back