Hola from Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, I just signed up today, got the home brew bug after talking about it all day on the hookah forum. I don't have any equipment yet, nor do I know what I'm doing, so I'll be relying on you all heavily as I get started.

Any suggestions on kits and/or first brews would be appreciated!

You made it over here!! Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Certainly do a good bit of reading about kits in the beginners and extract brewing sections, you will certainly get lots of answers.

Also check out howtobrew.com, which is as good as any material you will find anywhere, including the book you get with your equipment kit!

PM me here or on the other forum if you have questions, and I think my AIM screen name is listed here and on the other forum too - so you're more than welcome to hit me up if you need anything.

Keep an eye on the gatherings forum as well - there might be some local guys meeting up to brew that you could go over and get a less on how they do it.

As a fellow noob, welcome to the site. I would see what homebrew shops exist in your area and see if they can steer you towards a nice starter kit, or check Austin Homebrew Supply they seem to have an awesome selection of homebrew equipment and recipe kits for all experience levels. My first batch was a Brewers Best Brown Ale and for a first batch was pretty decent. Good luck!

@jezter6 There is a brew shop down here owned by one of the local winerys. I'll be hitting it up tomorrow to start my first batch this weekend. This guy is excited!

Welcome to the site! I'm sure you will find homebrewing the most rewarding hobby there is. This is definitely the right place to be. There are other homebrew sites on the web, like brewboard, but this one is far superior in just about every way. Enjoy your stay.

Welcome!

Butler Winery has a lot of supplies to get you started. I'm sure they have everything you need for a starter kit.

But, If you cannot find what you need there, you might try Worm's Way heading out of town, north on 37. And the best shop I've seen in Indiana is Great Fermentations on the NE side of Indy. GF even has classes in extract and all grain brewing.

Sounds like you guys can't wait to get started :)

There is also a local homebrew club in Bloomington called Hop Jockeys. We've been meeting once a month at the Upland Catering Hall. It is a great place to come and ask questions face to face.

Great Fermentations is where I got started too. The owner, Anita, is very willing to help out and gives good advice! Welcome to the forums!

-Jason

I didn't brew this weekend, but I plan to next. I ended up not having the time to get into it this weekend because of family commitments. I can't wait to get started though!

Back