New guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrKats

Reaction score
Hey all, just started brewing. On my 4th kit. Only doing extract kits for now, but will be setting up to try all grain brewing eventually. Doing Caribou slobber brown ale today from Northern Brewer

IMG_8449.jpeg

Hey there from San Francisco. Welcome to the hobby. I did the same thing. Started with a kit from NB. Moved to the Morebeer kits using extract and my kitchen stove. Wife was less than pleased with the mess, but she is a trooper and supports my habits, I mean hobbys. LOL. I say, get your process in order and enjoy using the extract kits. They make good beer, are far less time consuming and easier to clean up. With that said, if you are like me, you will find that the All Grain style is very tempting and will lure you in. LOL. Either way, enjoy and don't be afraid to post questions. These folks are absolute rock stars with the sharing of info. Rock On!!!!!!!!

Hey there from San Francisco. Welcome to the hobby. I did the same thing. Started with a kit from NB. Moved to the Morebeer kits using extract and my kitchen stove. Wife was less than pleased with the mess, but she is a trooper and supports my habits, I mean hobbys. LOL. I say, get your process in order and enjoy using the extract kits. They make good beer, are far less time consuming and easier to clean up. With that said, if you are like me, you will find that the All Grain style is very tempting and will lure you in. LOL. Either way, enjoy and don't be afraid to post questions. These folks are absolute rock stars with the sharing of info. Rock On!!!!!!!!
My 1st was the morebeer cream ale it was decent for my 1st time. Fermentation for 1 week then in the keg. I learned from that! But it was still good after it settled out. I like the NB kits better so far. Just finished brewing the Caribou Slobber. Came in a hair un OG at 1.050 rather then the 1.052 Smells awesome so far.

Welcome. Go ahead and do all-grain. You can do it. You have "Dr" in your username, so you must be pretty smart, and lots of stupid people do it well.

Not thinking of anyone on this forum, of course. I want to make that clear right away.

Maybe I should edit this post.

My 1st was the morebeer cream ale it was decent for my 1st time. Fermentation for 1 week then in the keg. I learned from that! But it was still good after it settled out. I like the NB kits better so far. Just finished brewing the Caribou Slobber. Came in a hair un OG at 1.050 rather then the 1.052 Smells awesome so far.
That close is good to go. What I have learned is patience is your friend. Also, Morebeer has some cool clone recipes you can put next to the real and see how you are doing. I have kinda gone out on a few of my own, but nothing too wild. More taken the recipes I see and maybe tweak them a bit
Welcome. Go ahead and do all-grain. You can do it. You have "Dr" in your username, so you must be pretty smart, and lots of stupid people do it well.

Not thinking of anyone on this forum, of course. I want to make that clear right away.

Maybe I should edit this post.
Ha Ha Ha. I have been called worse man. Just teasing. I get what you are saying. I would say do a few more extracts. They are fun, easy and you get good feedback from your process. Just my two cents worth, and that is about all it is worth. Rock On!!!!!!!

Welcome from Missouri.
Started on a similar path, one gallon extract. Quickly moved to five gallon extract, then BIAB, and now I've cut back to two and a half gallon batches. Lugging around five gallons of beer and the fermenter became too much to handle.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Latest posts

Back