Hi!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blast

Reaction score
Call me Blast, I did some home brewing back in the late 90's before the kids got too expensive and had to lay off it. Now that I'm a bit wiser I'm going to get back into it. My kit right now is rather extensive and I have spared no expense in my 1 gallon jug, plastic bung and the airlock shoved in the bunghole to protect the test batch of mead I just made last night (4 pounds honey, 1 gallon water, boiled to promote clearing later in the process, pastuer champagne yeast and a starting gravity around 1.125. I spiced it during the boil and put the bag into the fermenter as well, since I am completely clueless on how to do that, using a cinnamon stick, 7 cloves, blue spruce needles, cardamom, and an orange peel). I also have a Mr. Beer that my little brother gave me, but no worries i don't actually plan on using it. I tend toward stouts and medium ales, though the popularity of the IPAs right now mystifies me, though I would venture to say that since american pale ales where devoid of most flavors for so long we are currently swinging wildly in the other direction and so on. Anyway, I'm here. Have a good day.

What's wrong with Mr. Beer? The keg is just a 2.5 gallon fermenting vessel, you can make anything you want in there. I wouldn't turn my nose up at it, I'd have it full of beer I made to add to my pipeline.

:)

Welcome back to the hobby, and to the group, from CO :mug:

Mr. Beer is a great fermenter, and small batches are a good way to get back into things.

Back