Hi from NZ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sifty

Reaction score
Hi all.
First post on this forum, I'm a member of a UK based brew forum but have gained a lot of info from here after searching questions on the web... :)

I'm relatively new at brewing, have done 14 all grain beers now using the Brewzilla 35 litre system my wife bought me at a beer festival in May. All different brews so far, most bottle conditioned but last 2 have been put into corny kegs for xmas day.

I'm based in Southern New Zealand and have good access to excellent grains and hops, but struggle to get some yeasts. We live on an acre block so I planted a few hop plants in October and they're growing like mad, just gone into summer here.

Anyway, that's me. Dad of 2 girls, owner of a border collie, quite a few motorcycles, a 71 Ford, and learner brewer.

Look forward to contributing.
Cheers...

Welcome to the site. I covet some of your locally grown hops :) . Look into over building your yeast starters...once you get the yeast you like, you can keep it going indefinitely (almost). Cheers! Rick (also a dad of two girls).

Welcome to the madness!

I started brewing before I had children, now I have 3 children (2 boys and 1 girl) and 3 grandchrilden (2 girls and 1 boy).
Time flys when your having fun.

Prost!

Yeah. There are a few North Island fields but far better hereabouts. Used to board a bit but now pretty much limited to school trips with the kids.
Have surfed and boarded the same day a couple of times (benefits of a small country). Pretty tired afterwards... :)

Welcome! You live in a beautiful country. My wife and I had the privilege of spending 3 1/2 weeks on the south island of NZ many years ago. It was amazing! Hope some day we get to go back.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back