Hi all From South West Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noshownate

Reaction score
I know barely anything at all about growing hops and brewing beer, soo thats why i am here to learn as much as i can and hopefully not too long be drinking some tastey:mug: beer!

I know barely anything at all about growing hops and brewing beer, soo thats why i am here to learn as much as i can and hopefully not too long be drinking some tastey:mug: beer!

(1) Go to your closest LHBS store and pick up an extract kit. Preferably one that makes 5 gallons and doesn't use hopped extract.
(2) Follow the directions in the kit. When you inevitably screw something up (as we all did our first go-around) come here to panic and have your worries assuaged. Google RDWHAHB for more on this important topic.
(3) While your beer is brewing, pick up John Palmer's "How To Brew" and read it. Then read it again. In fact, resist the temptation to rush your first batch and read it a third time before you try any of your beer.
(4) Once your curiosity is piqued, and you have an easy homebrew batch under your belt, you'll be ready to start gradually refining and improving your methods, and you'll be a proud victim of this little obsession.

As many here will tell you, the three most crucial tenets of homebrew are: Don't panic, be patient, and sanitize everything.

As for hop growing, someone else is going to have to help you out :eek:

Oh, and... Welcome!! :D

Welcome to THE most informative homebrew forum that I've ever seen.

Whatever topic you're looking for...Hops, Keezers, Oxyclean, Methods and techniques...This place is THE BOMB!

Use the Search function, it'll be your best friend.

I'm in the Tampa Area...Always good to see another Floridian aboard representin'!

Save your money on Palmer's book for stuff to make beer with!

http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html

Back