Hemp beer recipe???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstorm

Reaction score
So I was planning on brewing a hemp beer for my next batch, but the problem is that I can't seem to find a good recipe anywhere. I did find one that looks pretty good, but I wanted to get everyone's opinions on here. I'm confused because some people online say to use marijuana buds in your brew because they are a close cousin to hops and others say not to because it imparts a bad plant like taste into your finished beer. I wasn't planning on using any actual marijuana in my brew because I don't want to complicate things and waste money if the beer does indeed turn out tasting like plant. What I was planning on doing instead was brewing with non-psychoactive hemp seeds. That's what I believe brewing companies like Humboldt Brewing Co. use in their hemp beers. So is there anyone on here that has a good hemp seed beer recipe, or do you think that the recipe below would work? Again, I don't want to use actual marijuana just hemp seeds.

Recipe: http://www.hempworld.com/HempBeer/html/HempBeer_Recipe.html

I hate to be "That Guy", but I'm fairly certain that although Hemp is not illegal as long as it doesn't contain THC, the link to order the seeds is promoting Canabis, something that is very much Illegal in Texas where the HBT servers reside.
I'm a big fan of trying new things and pushing the envelope, but I wouldn't jeopardize HBT in the process.
Sorry to be the "Kill Joy".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back