Help with a recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aiptasia

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm trying to come up with a basic homebrew recipe for Exit 4 By Flying Fish Brewing Company. It's one of my favorites and i'd like to try my hand at re-creating it at home.

They list the ingredients online but I need help coming up with the amounts to use in a recipe for either a 5 gallon or 10 gallon batch at home. I'm hoping that someone with more experience here can guide me. I've been able to find most of the ingredients for sale online in manageable homebrew quantities. However, I have no idea how to come up with a ratio for each of the malts seeing the Acidulated malt helps lower the pH, and the hops addition/boil times (or dry hopping). Here are the ingredients:

Malts: Malto Franco-Belge Pils Malt, Weyerman Acidulated, White Wheat, Demerara Sugar.

Hops: Simcoe, Columbus, Palisades, Amarillo

Yeast: Belgian Abbey

OG: 21.5 Plato

ABV: 9.5%

I'm unfamiliar with Exit 4, so can't help you that way. But I can help you a little bit with how you might go about this . . .

1. Determine the the style of beer you are trying to emulate
2. Find a tried-and-true recipe from a source you trust for that same style
3. Compare it to the ingredient list you have, adjust the recipe to accommodate the ingredient list
4. Brew, taste, compare, adjust, repeat.

Back