Help me name my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpolzin25

Reaction score
So usually I feel like I can come up w/ a good witty name for beers I make but I am just stumped w/ naming my Belgian Dark Strong and can't come up w/ anything I like. So I am coming here to get some help/suggestions. Here is the recipe I used if it helps to inspire:

Grain bill:
12 lbs belgian pilsner
3.5 lbs belgian pale
1/2 lb light munich
1/2 lb special B
1/2 lb Cara 45
1 lb belgian candi syrup - D90 - added at end of boil
1 lb belgian candi syrup - D45 - added at high krausen
1 lb belgian candi syrup - golden - added 24 hours after d45 added

Hops:
1 oz Horizon AA 8.2% - boil x 60 minutes

Yeast:
Mangrove Jacks m41 belgian ale yeast

OG for this specific batch was 1.091 and FG finished at a crazy low 1.002 to give me a whopping 11.7% abv.

Thanks in advance.

First thing that came to mind from the strength: Say Goodnight, Gracie

How dark are we talking? My SWAG based on the recipe is in the 40s.

I am a big star wars fan and was trying to consider star wars themed names... And the SRM calculator says about 21 which looks about right.

I did think about going with something referencing the dark side of the force and then coming up with a complimentary lighter colored Belgian and referencing the light side of the force's. :)

I am a big star wars fan and was trying to consider star wars themed names... And the SRM calculator says about 21 which looks about right.

I did think about going with something referencing the dark side of the force and then coming up with a complimentary lighter colored Belgian and referencing the light side of the force's. :)

Well, I was a ways off on the SRM. lol

Maybe something referencing the Sith? Sith Poured?

From a quick look at your local history, I see:

Seymour Howe entered land in 1848 and probably settled the same year for he was entertaining travelers early in 1849. His tavern was first in Greenville and the first this side of the "openings."

So I'm going to suggest: Howe Dark Seymour.

Since you're a Star Wars fan, how about Imperial Shadow Trooper Ale??

shadow_stormtrooper.jpg

Something referencing Starkiller. Sith trained by Darth Vader who turns to the ligth side in The Force Unleashed game.
latest

"I like my Belgians like I like my ______.....dark and strong"
I mean, maybe don't name it that if you're serving to a bunch of people with no sense of humor. [ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cEVTQHiAQRA[/ame]

Since you're a Star Wars fan, how about Imperial Shadow Trooper Ale??

shadow_stormtrooper.jpg

I like where your going here. I think I will either go with what you have or just go with shadow trooper ale. Thanks

And all great ideas from everyone... Thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back