Help diagnose STC-1000 error "tS" unit frozen, requires unplug to reset

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTACanuck

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So my STC-1000 has been running for over a year now without issues. Up until last week is when I noticed it wasn't displaying the temperature but the error "tS". I thought immediately that maybe it was in the menu but it wasn't.

I unplugged the keezer, plugged it back in and the fridge was warm inside. Showed 17 celcius. Sometimes when I do this the unit will work for a couple hours and default back. And even to make it more interesting, sometimes the fault will display and start working a couple hours later on its own with no reset.

I referred to the manual for the unit and it does not explain that specific error code. Here is the error on the screen.

Attachments

• received_1479112198883202.jpeg
    received_1479112198883202.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 86
Just a spitball answer, temperature sensor?
I did try another sensor, but got an error with it. It's not like the one that came with it. It was one that came with my inkbird PID's. Wasn't expecting it to work really but was worth a shot.

I know the fine folks at Inkbird frequent the forum. I do submerge the sensor in a bottle of water, I'm leaning towards that being the issue.

Just fixed one that had the on/off switch soldered in at an angle. Would not work with faceplate and case on it. Worked fine if disassembled. I would check the s switch. May have been bumped and stuck.
Jb

Ended up buying a new one. Problem solved.

Ordered in some extra sensors, which did not solve the issue. So I just ordered in another unit, maybe one day I will futz around with the one I have and see what went wrong.

Latest posts

Back