STC-1000 reset

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fernandow

Reaction score
I have this issue with my stc-1000. After setting the F3 setting (compressor time-out) to 0 (which the menu seemed to let me do) it refuses to go into cooling mode: when the set temp for cooling has been reached it goes into delay and the cooling symbol will simply remain blinking. Now I can manually change the F3 parameter back to anything from 1 to 10, and after turning off and on the machine it all *seems* fine, but after a hard power-out (cord disconnected or external switch) the F3 setting flips back to 0. Or to be more precise, the display shows a blank under the F3 menu. It keeps doing that, can't seem to get out of this loop... would be thankful if anyone could help out!

Does anyone f.i. know if there is a way to reset the stc-1000 to its factory settings?

:/ I have the same issue! I changed F3 dron default (3) to 1, went to work, returned and find out that the fridge was not cooling... there was a power out at my condo and the stc shows a black F3 setting. It oonly shows numbers with the down key, but the black screen comes back after a power failure... help! (My poor british pale ale at 25C for at least 3 hours :( )

It somehow feels good not to be the only one...;-) The closest I've got so far is at the very bottom left of these instructions, where it says: "once it displays ER then pressing any button restores settings", but I have no idea how you could force it into that ER mode.

Good name for a beer btw, Poor British PA.

Cheers,
Fernando

Haha, my brain farted there... English (GAWD ;__; ), sorry :p

Well, I believe that the ER thing is a translation issue, since the error type described is different than the EE (probe malfunction). ER shows during parameter setup and it is the setup step that resets, not the device itself.

I will request a new STC from the store, it is too risky to use this one as it is.

Cheers.

Back