Please Help! - Kegerator Compressor will not start

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
EDIT:

Okay after tinkering with it for about an hour. I started to dive through all of the Love control settings, apparently I had the c0 = Minimum time between start and stop. I had the setting set with a min time between start and stop set at 30 minutes, so each time I would unplug/plug to test and tinker with relays and such it was reset to 30 minutes. Basically, I never gave it long enough to start.

Sometimes I am my own worst enemy.

Hi there,

I have a Frigidaire frc445gm that I converted to a kegerator a few years back. The kegerator was placed in storage for close to a year while we prepared to sell our home and move.

It was working fine before the move. In preparation for a beer I just kegged, I plugged it in, and nothing. No click. No hum.

It doesn't make any noise at all, it is not even attempting to kick the compressor on.

There is power, the light comes on inside and the Love temperature controller is functioning and not displaying any error codes.

I removed the PTC relay and shook it, I didn't hear any rattling going on (not to say that the relay may be stuck open) but I don't understand why the compressor is not even attempting to start.

The home we moved into is older and the majority of the house has 2 prong wiring. Having said that, I replaced the receptacle that it is plugged into with a GFCI to be safe. I don't believe the ground is required to make the fridge operate. As I have stated, I do have power and there are plenty of grounding to the chassis of the refrigerator itself.

Could it be the PTC relay even though the unit is not even attempting to cycle on/off?

What about the thermal overload protector?

I am not familiar with appliance electrical systems to know enough about what the lack of symptoms might mean.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back