Hello from oz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinkeelfool

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a brewer from Australia. Been brewing AG almost 10 years ( batch sparge with cooler, keggle and keggle HLT ). Been doing some google searches on Belgian beers, specifically beire de garde and this place came up a few times. Joined up about 6 months ago but only really now looking here regularly.

Love English ales but at the moment on a Belgian kick, with a dubbel in bottles, and a ple mild fermented with 3725 beire de garde yeast, and a 9% beire de garde blonde. Only 2 weeks in the bottle but a sneaky preview last night was sensational. Hopefully I'll be able to leave it for a few months to "garde" haha

Glad to hear from ya! Hope you were able to dodge the bushfires. That stuff is nasty :mad:

Glad to hear from ya! Hope you were able to dodge the bushfires. That stuff is nasty :mad:

Was lucky to avoid them, though we were smoked out a few days. I flew up to cairns ( far North Queensland ) on one of the days, and thought we might not get there due to road closures while heading to the airport. When we flew home we could see some of the damage from the air.

One of the main fires was actually started by the army. They let off some explosives which started one of the bigger fires. Oops!

Was lucky to avoid them, though we were smoked out a few days. I flew up to cairns ( far North Queensland ) on one of the days, and thought we might not get there due to road closures while heading to the airport. When we flew home we could see some of the damage from the air.

One of the main fires was actually started by the army. They let off some explosives which started one of the bigger fires. Oops!

Glad to hear it. We were in Sydney, on a tour of the Blue Mountains the day before the fires started. In Sydney the next day, it was dark and smokey. There was ash raining down a little bit. :(

Back