Hello from Cinci

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosyslack

doesn't drink...hahaha
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm living in Cincinnati and have made a few batches of extract+specialty and just finished my first all grain last week....it's an Irish Red. The experience of the all-grain was fantastic, but know that I need to do some tweaking to my cooler mash tun. Only made a small mess, thankfully!

I've done a little browsing on this board and the wealth of information is just amazing. I look forward to some good tips and conversations...as well as a few good brews.

dave

Welcome to HBT! :mug:

Brewing is an addictive hobby, that's for sure. I find myself always wanting to tweak something, buy "one more thing" and try something a little different. I guess maybe it's not such a hobby- maybe more of an obsession for me.

Again, welcome!

Yeah...I definately agree with you there. I already find myself wanting to tweak the all grain recipe. Try a different grain, different quantities, etc... Buy more stuff! I'm already getting a mental checklist of what the next house needs for a brewing room.

Oh... and thanks for the welcome Yooper!

Welcome mosyslack!

Glad to see another Cincinnatian on the board. There are a few of us here and we have goten together twice already this year for group brews, once at my place and once at Shafferpilot's place. A few of the guys at the group brews have been considering the jump to AG and picked our brains for info. If you are planning a brew day soon and need an assistant, I'd be glad to lend a hand (if I am free) and you can bounce ideas off of me. I'll include links to posts of our group brews with pictures below so you can see our equipment.

Do you belong to either of the local homebrw clubs?
Did you enter any of your beers in the National Homebrew Competition? (the conference is being held in Cincinnati this year)

Cincy Group Brew I
Cincy Group Brew II
My equipment

Congrats & welcome to the club, The All Grain Club!

I'm from Dayton myself & SWMBO is from Middletown.

Bearcat Brewmeister said:
Welcome mosyslack!

Do you belong to either of the local homebrw clubs?
Did you enter any of your beers in the National Homebrew Competition? (the conference is being held in Cincinnati this year)

QUOTE]

I did not know that it was going to be in Cinci. I have not entered anything into any homebrew competitions...yet. I am still getting to know everything and nail down my "system" of brewing. The AG batch that is fermenting away is only my 5th batch or so...and first AG.

Thanks for the invite to brew and offering your experience to help. I have not gone to any of the clubs yet either. I'm planning on joining at some point. Which do you belong to?

Welcome to the board, glad to hear that your first AG went well!

Have you thought about attending the National Homebrew Conference that will be in Cincy June 19-21?

Welcome!

Another Cincinnati (area) brewer here. Let me second the offer to help brew, though Bearcat Brewmeister is infinitely more qualified than I am. I'm only on about batch 6 myself. I would encourage you to take him up on his offer (or get in on our next group brew day, whenever that is), as it is extremely valuable brewing with somebody that really knows what they're doing.

Maybe we'll see you soon!

Latest posts

Back