Have any Reward Points stuck in the sofa?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeRage

Death by Magumba!
Reaction score
I got an email today from my choice hotel privileges with my points balance. I never use the things so the email just about went to the round bin when I noticed you could exchange points for charitable donations. It works out to be a penny a point. AmEx has a similar program (a little harder to find).

Between the two, I donated $320 to the red cross and it didn't cost me a penny. Something to consider if you're like me and never use the things, its a good way to help with out putting yourself out.

Going to use my points for a free hotel room this summer while I take my BJCP exam. My wife inadvertantly donated 3X as much money to the Red Cross as we thought. The donation is more than the hotel room.

Sorry if I sounded like I was talking from a soap box and telling what people should do with their points. It was something that hadn't occurred to me initially and thought I would share the idea.

A good idea, but I never accumulated enough points for anything useful, so I dropped out of all of the programs.

Back