Have an ALL extract but wanna add some grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordzilla

Reaction score
So i picked up a belgium tripel kit today when i got home and opened the kit i realized it was an ALL DME kit, no grains. Ive always done kits that required steeping grains (ill get to the point soon enough where i comfortable doing all grain brews) are there any good grains out there that i could crush and steep into my brew to add some nice flavoring to it? Do you guys recomend adding a portion of the DME at the beginning of the boil and adding the rest 10-15min left, i thought i heard somewhere that doing this with your LME/DME creates some nice results

this is the kit that i got (http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/Three-Sheets-Belgian-Tripel.html) ....products arent labeled very good 1 DME bag says 3-sheets other bag says dextose2 wheat-1 so its hard to say exactly what the DME's are. I got it for free(probably for a good reason) thought i would try it out. I didnt order it from this site but its definatly where it came from originally or at least their supplier.

--go ahead and flame me for this kit i know its coming, the local brew store gave it to me me selling me a 2cases of broken bottles which they also replace, got home and all the necks of the bottles were cracked or completly broken off

the instructions are really straigtforward basically what you stated, ive just never done a all DME and thought that adding some grains to it before hand my add some nice flavor or aspects to this brew

well.....idk about your LHBS, but mine has special B. yeah, i'd say .75-1lb is good. I use a pound in my belgian amber. special b is a belgian malt, it'll give your brew a nice darker color and some unique flavor. if u can't find it at ur lhbs, u could always get it online. If you need a place, go to MDHB.com, find what you want, call them up and ask them to mill it and send it to you, they're pretty accommodating (they're my LHBS)

Back