have a look, see what you think...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mad Hatter

Reaction score
I was goofing off a bit today and made this up. This is my first label from scratch. The wording at teh bottom you can not read on the screen, but it does print off nice on paper. What do you guys think, its not done yet and I would like some opinions. Thanks.

To be brutally honest, I think it's tacky.

Nothing wrong with the landscape picture, but the turquoise and silver borders totally clash with it. You might want to get some coloring thats a little more "organic" to match the landscape. I'm also not sure how I feel about the gradient on the silver boxes either, but with a different color it could look nice.

I'm not sure tacky is the word I would use, but I think some work on the colors is in order. I don't care much for the text, but I never like the script ones much. I want you to be able to read it from the color when your looking for a cold one.

To be brutally honest, I think it's tacky.

Nothing wrong with the landscape picture, but the turquoise and silver borders totally clash with it. You might want to get some coloring thats a little more "organic" to match the landscape. I'm also not sure how I feel about the gradient on the silver boxes either, but with a different color it could look nice.

Well, that was brutally honest.

By the way, I like the image a lot and the product sounds delightful as well!

Instead of teal and silver, I'd do blue (the same blue as in the sky) and maybe tan or ivory. You just want to match the colors from the pic a little better.

Very classy though! I like it.

Thank you for the advice, I do appreciate it. I was thinking the same thing on the colors as well. That is my first attempt at something "my own". I will keep playing around with it. this is another one that I cam up with. I think the coloring goes a bit better on this one.

your opinions please. Thanks.

l_830aaf98f1f83a748675449f9434d06d.jpg

And

l_cb88b7373b2f7fc54612849fe55e7440.jpg

I will next be working on a Hef label. I have great hopes for this brew.

Back