Hanson launching 'MmmHop' Beer (Yes, the boy band Hanson)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone didn't do their marketing homework. Drinking a craft beer endorsed by Hanson called 'mmmhop'?

People have been known to get their a$$ kicked for much less.

I guess hansen is brewing a beer. Just when you thought you'd never have that awful song in your head again. I guess it comes out early 2012. Who know it might be good.

Heard about this today... Their music is so terrible, I don't know if I'll be able to get myself to try it... Or even want to.

Relax, guys. It's just another in a long list of products they're trying to sell to their developmentally-challenged fan base. Of course, it could end up being really good --in which case I'd have to pay them their due. The whole point is brewing better beer, right?

apratsunrthd said:
Relax, guys. It's just another in a long list of products they're trying to sell to their developmentally-challenged fan base. Of course, it could end up being really good --in which case I'd have to pay them their due. The whole point is brewing better beer, right?

Right. I hate that song but if the beer is good then its good and ill try it. Im not sure who is brewing it though, I hope its not ab.

This is one of the signs of the coming zombie apocalypse.

couldn't help post it, hopefully I'm not starting an already existing thread

You are. But, that's okay. I live in OKC and only just heard about this on radio this morning.

It was said that it will be brewed in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Makes me wonder if they are actually brewing it themselves or contracting with Marshal brewing. I have not read the article.

I tend to think they're jumping on the band wagon with Pearl Jam's beer that they & Sony did with Sam at DFH called "Ten".

I don't know if i'll ever drink an IPA again. I'll bet your balls fall off with the 1st sip.

Beer News: 90s Pop Band Hanson to Market MMMHop IPA | KegWorks

So I thought Kid Rock’s Badass Redneck Lager was humorous but when our systems administrator John sent me this article detailing how nineties pop brothers Hanson will release their own brand of beer, I couldn’t help but giggle.

Maybe it’s the bubblegum pop influence or maybe it’s the fact that they’re naming the beer "MMMHop" after their sickly sweet 1997 hit song "MMMBop" but either way, I think it’s comical. Am I entertained enough to actually try the stuff? I just might be.

Back in June, Hanson was actually here in Buffalo for a radio station concert and I ended up seated next to the brothers and singer-songwriter Michelle Branch at my favorite local beer bar, Blue Monk, after their show. Maybe they are that into beer? Maybe it will actually be good? Maybe it will taste better if you listen to the Middle of Nowhere album while you drink it? Only time will tell.

There's a chance that since they already have capital (assuming the record companys haven't taken every penny) they could build their own micro-brewery, have their own brew-pub to attract their fans, etc...

I think I might make an IPA next, just because of this news.

So which one of us is going back in time to stop this travesty from occurring and saving the world from imploding on itself?

Look the music is/was horrible, but if they are actually into beer it might be really good. I'll try it. They really should have taken a more serious approach to the name, but I have seen some bad names make some good drink/food.

Peter: If you could be stranded on a desert island with any woman in the world, who would it be?
Glen Quagmire: Taylor Hanson.
Joe Swanson: Taylor Hanson is a guy.
Glen Quagmire: [Laughs] You guys are yankin' me. "Hey, let's put one over on Quagmire."
Peter: No, he's actually a guy, Quagmire.
Glen Quagmire: What? That's insane. That's impossible.
[Pause]
Glen Quagmire: Oh god. Oh my god. I've got all these magazines. Oh god.

I don't think there's any correlation between making crappy music when you were 12 and making crappy beer in your 20's.

I'd try it!

Not to be outdone in the 90's musician brewing market, Alanis Morissette is rumored to be working on her own craft brew, "Jagged Little Pale Ale".

It's moments like this that are turning points in history, this is a sign that the bubble is about to bust in the craft brew world!

Latest posts

Back