Hanson launching 'MmmHop' Beer (Yes, the boy band Hanson)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20111110-132055.jpg

"Weird ALE" anybody?

What??? now Al Yankovic is jumping into the fray?

Peter: If you could be stranded on a desert island with any woman in the world, who would it be?
Glen Quagmire: Taylor Hanson.
Joe Swanson: Taylor Hanson is a guy.
Glen Quagmire: [Laughs] You guys are yankin' me. "Hey, let's put one over on Quagmire."
Peter: No, he's actually a guy, Quagmire.
Glen Quagmire: What? That's insane. That's impossible.
[Pause]
Glen Quagmire: Oh god. Oh my god. I've got all these magazines. Oh god.

hilarious !

Wish I made up these jokes, but they're from CNN:

Weiss Weiss Baby
This Is How We Brew It
4 Saisons of Loneliness
Kreik (like " I'm a Kreik, I'm a weirdo ...")

Pedophile beverage...

The Hanson brothers are all fathers now and their ages are 25, 27 and 29. Hardly "pedophile".

Don't know what their beer will be like, but I'd be willing to try it. Good beer is where you find it.
While the name of the beer is kinda dumb, I think it would have been even dumber not to try to use their previous fame to get their commercial brewing off the ground.

Do we know how much involvement they'll actually have with the product or will they just be slapping a label on somone else's beer?

Ed Hardy has his name on beer (which is always on closeout at my distributor)... doesn't mean he had anything to do with making it.

Jacob_Marley said:
The Hanson brothers are all fathers now and their ages are 25, 27 and 29. Hardly "pedophile".

Yes, but they haven't done anything noteworthy in their adult lives, so in my mind using "Mmm bop" to market alcohol is creepy. It would be absolutely no different from Hanna Montana wine coolers

Yes, but they haven't done anything noteworthy in their adult lives, so in my mind using "Mmm bop" to market alcohol is creepy. It would be absolutely no different from Hanna Montana wine coolers

those would sell like crazy and increase teenage pregnancy in astronomical amounts.

I'm old enough to remember Billy Beer. No matter how bad MmmmHop is, it won't be the worst beer in the history of the world.

Maybe the thread title shouldn't be "Worst beer in the world" but "Worst name for a beer ever"

Except for Fecalhop Vomit ale. Hard to top that.

Welp, I don't know much about what they've been involved in as adults, but Hanna Montana wine coolers ... now that's an idea. You might have a promising future in advertising ;-)

Mmmm bop (or "Mmmm hop" as they are doing it) is a really dumb name. I'd think it would limit the beers audience. I guess how they do the rest of the marketing will be the key.

Back