Ground up my flaked oats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewslikeaking

Reaction score
I accidentally put my flaked oats and golden naked oats thought the milling machine. It's mixed with the rest of the grain. No going back now, what do we get from flaked oats. Fermentable sugars? Flavor or mouthfeel? Are these qualities going to be less than planned for? How can I counter this and is there any point? Do golden naked oats have the same issue once going through the mill?

I accidentally put my flaked oats and golden naked oats thought the milling machine. It's mixed with the rest of the grain. No going back now, what do we get from flaked oats. Fermentable sugars? Flavor or mouthfeel? Are these qualities going to be less than planned for? How can I counter this and is there any point? Do golden naked oats have the same issue once going through the mill?

Yes, yes, yes.

No, no, no.

The point to using flaked oats is the process that makes the starches easier to get to. By milling them you didn't change that. You just made them into smaller pieces,

Latest posts

Back