GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I binged Iron Fist S2

better than the first season, but the first half is kinda slow, 2nd half it gets better. I actually worked up some sympathy for Ward Meachum

and I'm more convinced than ever they should either combine IF & Luke Cage and do Heroes for Hire, OR, even better, drop the guys & let Wing & Knight: Daughters of the Dragon have a show (kind of hinted at near the end of the season)

the women in these shows are much better characters than any of the men. Let Crazy Mary/Walker have her own show. or Madame Gao: The Early Years

Liked Iron Fist S2, but could be better. Most of the protagonists are ridiculously immature.

If you're looking for a comedy, I highly recommend Magic for Humans.

Binge watched Altered Carbon. Really solid plot, action, and characters. Some really f***ed up s*** in keeping with Brave New World Sci-Fi.

Watched Together Alone. Hulu show (Well, not sure how makes it, but it was on Hulu...)

Weird show about two young adults who are eager for acceptance, but have too many issues to be one of the cool kids. They are very close friends, but it's strictly platonic.

It's a bit unusual, but I liked it. I honestly can't tell you why. It's sometimes cringe-y, but often very funny.

Maniac looks good, premieres today
I watched 3 episodes of Maniac and just couldn't get into it. I am a firm believer that you can tell a better story when you learn there are more words in the dictionary than fck (and all it's derivatives). Maniac probably uses it 100 times per episode and not a single time was it used properly.

I watched 3 episodes of Maniac and just couldn't get into it. I am a firm believer that you can tell a better story when you learn there are more words in the dictionary than fck (and all it's derivatives). Maniac probably uses it 100 times per episode and not a single time was it used properly.

think the Navy used up all my F bombs. most of them

If you have any interest in a 12 part series based on the Russian revolution try "The road to Calvary". It is well done and provides a little different perspective on the various combatants and political feelings of the time. Based on the book by a Tolstoy relative, Alexei. Subtitled.

The Haunting of Hill House premieres today

truth is, I'll watch anything with Carla Gugino in it. even that stupid movie she did with Pauly Shore

https://www.netflix.com/title/80189221

She was great in Karen Sisco. I wish that show would've lasted longer. It was cool to see her reprise that role in one episode of Justified.

The Haunting of Hill House premieres today

truth is, I'll watch anything with Carla Gugino in it. even that stupid movie she did with Pauly Shore

https://www.netflix.com/title/80189221
I’ve already re-watched the series. I’m a big fan of the novel and original Robert Wise film as well (I rewatch the original film at least 3 times a year). Michael Flanagan does a great job with horror.

But yes, Carla G is awesome. The entire cast is awesome.

Anyone else into horror esp. for Halloween?

I've been enjoying Designated Survivor.
It's like a middle ground between West Wing and Scandal.

2nd season of Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Amazon Prime

& we TRIED to watch Maniac, that first episode was a ponderous slog. the BigHair isn't sure we're up for another episode like that

Anyone try Bandersnatch yet?
Wife and I enjoyed it. Definitely a different experience. The story was so-so but the appeal was the choose your own adventure aspect, and I think they nailed it.

Bird Box was good ... I'll add, significantly better than I had expected. There are some questionable things, but otherwise enjoyable.
Been hearing good & bad things about it. The BigHair wants to watch it, so we're in.

Not Netflix or any streaming service, but we got the DVD of Killing Eve & it gets thumbs up from the both of us

Birdbox was meh. Not as bad as I had heard

Friends from College Season 2 out last week. Got some funny bits

Punisher Season 2 out today

Gotta add: I STARTED Making a Murderer &The Keepers and they're just so dragged out. 7 hours to tell a story Lester Holt could in 42 minutes on Dateline

They're GOOD stories, just too much filler & BS that could have been left out

My wife has me watching Good Girls with her before we go to sleep it's about mom's who need money and end up getting caught up in a life of crime and it seems to be getting more interesting as it goes along it's pretty good

Watched the travelers it’s was really good! The endings were not what you thought at the beginning of the episode.

Back