GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole Quadrillogy was awesome. The weakest of the four is resurrection, and if that's the worst you can do, good job. I Stull haven't watched predators but I have to admit, the 2 avp movies were kinda dumb.
Rumor mill has been steadily churning out alien 5 bs but hopefully it will get made and not be trash

Too true. I thought Aliens was the best, but after watching again I'm now leaning towards Alien first, then Aliens, then Alien Resurrection, then Alien³.

I can't remember which one, but I think one of the AVP movies was actually pretty good.

Vietnam in HD.

Heavy duty real life documentary. Not a fluff piece at all. I'm a big war fan and I learned a few things too. :ban:

My favorite part in Tucker & Dale was the gas station scene with the boiled/pickled eggs. :ban: Classic!!!!!

Too true. I thought Aliens was the best, but after watching again I'm now leaning towards Alien first, then Aliens, then Alien Resurrection, then Alien³.

I can't remember which one, but I think one of the AVP movies was actually pretty good.

The first avp wasn't awful. Aliens and alien resurrection were more action oriented and alien/alien 3 were more tense.
I wish they would have stuck with one idea for prometheus instead of overhauling all the writing several times

The first avp wasn't awful. Aliens and alien resurrection were more action oriented and alien/alien 3 were more tense.
I wish they would have stuck with one idea for prometheus instead of overhauling all the writing several times

OH yeah, Prometheus... I enjoyed it, but I think it could have been even better. I too think it suffered a bit from identity crisis. The production was well done, but it seemed a bit like they were trying to hit too many targets.

I forgot to add that one to the Aliens franchise, but we'll remedy that!

JUST FOUND OUT!

Netflix is going to be producing a PREQUEL to Wet Hot American Summer! Supposedly the casting has been done and it's including almost all of the original cast.

It's set at day 1 of that Wet Hot American Summer camp. It's made by the same guys who made the original.

"But aren't all of the original cast like, OLD now?"

Yeah, but WHO CARES!!!!????

Just saw that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze is on netflix now. By far the best TMNT movie. Man, this brings me back to summers off from school eating bagel bites, and playing Magic the Gathering with my little brother. Nostalgia at its best.

Watched the last 3 episodes of From Dusk Til Dawn series. Actually had watched two of them, but couldn't remember where we left of so we watched all of the last 3.

Pretty good series. They are filming the second season soon. I liked it as much as I liked the movie. I miss Sex Machine dude from the first one, but I still liked Gary Busey's kid as Sex Machine in the series.

The chicks were hot too, especially the Pandemonium chick. For me hotter than Selma Hayak .

They have a 5 episode series of "The Adventures of Puss in Boots", the same one from the Shrek movies. It's new this year so I don't know if there will be any more but it is pretty funny. Both my 5 year old and I like it. Same kind of Shrek humor that's good for kids and adults. I was amazed that it wasn't voiced by Antonio Banderas like in the movies, the voice actor sounds just like him.

They have a 5 episode series of "The Adventures of Puss in Boots", the same one from the Shrek movies. It's new this year so I don't know if there will be any more but it is pretty funny. Both my 5 year old and I like it. Same kind of Shrek humor that's good for kids and adults. I was amazed that it wasn't voiced by Antonio Banderas like in the movies, the voice actor sounds just like him.

That's funny. Just watched episode 4 with MY 5 year old!

The Dusk 'Til Dawn half-ass follows the idea of the movies but takes a few liberties (at least until you're near the end). I'd consider Busey's kid more of an amusing plug in but honestly he isn't quite the legend of the guy who played the original. Having him actually use the gun more visibly was kind of a necessity and he did it reasonably well. I think in the end end they got stuck and weren't sure what to do with it. Clearly they couldn't pursue the sequels as they kind of blew so in the interest of leaving a place to go with the series they undid some of the finality added in the movie. The only thing I had a really difficult time with though was Valderama. Aside from him it wasn't the most awful of reboots given the cast that they had to work with. Patrick did well in relief of Keitel but other than that....

While Aliens Resurrection certainly wasn't my favorite, I did think it stronger than the third one which is the one I found most difficult to sit through. At least AR required a bit of thought to pull off. The 3rd just seemed thrown together for me. Prometheus was good but I needed a little help in understanding what they were going for. That would be the biggest knock I could think of against it (maybe I'm just dumb but usually I can predict the entire rest a movie within 10-30m tops). In that respect I found it quite pleasant. Kind of like the original Pitch Black movie which I found stupid until I read the backstory then it became rather solid in spite of Vin Diesel. :) The trick with Prometheus is remembering it wasn't a sequel to any of the Aliens movies or even in that universe for that matter. Kind of an alternate reality setting in a sense. If you can handle that point it's a pretty awesome movie.

The first AvP was decent if taken PURELY at face value only. The 2nd was too forced to be good. Either that or the writing was just that poor.

And I personally thought "Predators" was pretty good. I'm interested to see where they go with the Sequel. HOPEFULLY Rodriguez won't @#$% it up. I usually like his stuff so I'm at least hopeful.

Right now we're going through the Terminator movieverse. It's been a while and one of my kids is actually old enough (or at least as old as I was) to watch it with guidance.

bones-brigade-poster-sm-new.jpg

Vietnam in HD.

Heavy duty real life documentary. Not a fluff piece at all. I'm a big war fan and I learned a few things too. :ban:

My favorite part in Tucker & Dale was the gas station scene with the boiled/pickled eggs. :ban: Classic!!!!!

One of more compelling things I've seen in a long time. I learned so much not only about the War in Vietnam, but the culture in the States at the time as well.

One of more compelling things I've seen in a long time. I learned so much not only about the War in Vietnam, but the culture in the States at the time as well.

This was the media revolution. Where they began to make the news instead of reporting it. It has only gone down hill from then. Imagine being drafted to a war, seeing unspeakable things, watching friends die, come home traumatized and broken only to have the people you're fighting for call you coward and baby killer when you get home. All media driven... Stupid Americans. Shunned from gainful employment upon return. Judged by those who know nothing about the war. It's an almost impossible reality, yet it happened and continues to happen thanks to likes of people like Michael Moore.

Watched the second episode of Vietnam in HD while riding my exercise bike. It's a good length of time for my average ride, and it's compelling enough to make me forget I'm actually exercising.

Watched some of the Spartacus show, but lost it back when they were in hiatus. I should get back into it. Good action show with lots of violence, nudity and whatnot. A moving pictures version of a graphic novel.

Good Eats is great, but lucky for me I have almost every episode on my hard drive.

This was the media revolution. Where they began to make the news instead of reporting it. It has only gone down hill from then. Imagine being drafted to a war, seeing unspeakable things, watching friends die, come home traumatized and broken only to have the people you're fighting for call you coward and baby killer when you get home. All media driven... Stupid Americans. Shunned from gainful employment upon return. Judged by those who know nothing about the war. It's an almost impossible reality, yet it happened and continues to happen thanks to likes of people like Michael Moore.

I agree with a lot of that, but I think there was some morality behind the peace movement of the 60s too. While it WAS the first time Americans got to watch war on their TV sets, the awareness of how ugly that war was and thus the impetus for people to stand up to a government shipping an entire generation off to fight it...was the result.

Contrary to much of the current partisan political rhetoric, media DOES have a role in a healthy democracy, but people have to be smart enough to filter through the garbage.

The way the public treated the soldiers when they got home was atrocious. I think most Americans feel shame about that, but I don't think that was the fault of the peace movement, or the media, or any other individual faction in a vacuum, it was more a collective ignorance, and the mistreatement came from people on both sides of the political aisle. Soldiers came home and fell on both sides of the aisle. It's not so simple as to say the entire cultural storm was "media created" and I don't think that gives many Americans enough credit for actually thinking for themselves and standing up for what they believed was right.

Anyway, that's kind of rambling.....

Watched some of the Spartacus show, but lost it back when they were in hiatus. I should get back into it. Good action show with lots of violence, nudity and whatnot. A moving pictures version of a graphic novel.

Spartacus was great, but the new guy had some big shoes to fill. The show as a whole was solid imho (if you can get past some cheesy dialogue every now and again...even the prequel mini-season was pretty good), but it was weird seeing a different actor play the main character after one season.

Spartacus was great, but the new guy had some big shoes to fill. The show as a whole was solid imho (if you can get past some cheesy dialogue every now and again...even the prequel mini-season was pretty good), but it was weird seeing a different actor play the main character after one season.

You actually listen ended to the dialogue? I was just there for the nipples. (And/or the shaft, it's pretty entertaining to keep track of the nips to shaft ratio)

If you like sports, the entire series of ESPN "30 for 30" is great. I have some favorites that I've watched twice.

Started watching "Bosch" on Amazon Prime, based on the Detective Hieronymous "Harry" Bosch mystery novels by Michael Connelly. I've been a pretty big fan of the books for a few years now, so I was excited to see it made into a television crime drama. So far it's pretty decent.

It seems to be based on elements from several different books in the series, but mostly the "City of Bones" plot line. They had to update the character and setting quite a bit; ex., he's now an Gulf war vet instead of a Vietnam vet, story takes place in modern day instead of the '90s, etc. But overall it still feels pretty true to the series, so far.

Started watching "Bosch" on Amazon Prime, based on the Detective Hieronymous "Harry" Bosch mystery novels by Michael Connelly. I've been a pretty big fan of the books for a few years now, so I was excited to see it made into a television crime drama. So far it's pretty decent.

It seems to be based on elements from several different books in the series, but mostly the "City of Bones" plot line. They had to update the character and setting quite a bit; ex., he's now an Gulf war vet instead of a Vietnam vet, story takes place in modern day instead of the '90s, etc. But overall it still feels pretty true to the series, so far.

So, in other words, "Bosch" is not new on Netflix streaming and is useless to all but the 5 people who actually use Amazon streaming? :p

So, in other words, "Bosch" is not new on Netflix streaming and is useless to all but the 5 people who actually use Amazon streaming? :p

Meh, couldn't find the Amazon Prime thread on the crappy phone app search feature, so I figured this was close enough. :D

Apparently we now have both Amazon Prime streaming and Netflix, because the woman is a huge fan of redundancy.

Meh, couldn't find the Amazon Prime thread on the crappy phone app search feature, so I figured this was close enough. :D

Apparently we now have both Amazon Prime streaming and Netflix, because the woman is a huge fan of redundancy.

You should pay in for Hulu and make it a redundancy trifecta. It'll be like having cable again. Thousands of choices and not one damn thing to watch.

Ha! We already have Hulu. :eek:

I can choose whether I want to watch something with or sans commercials.

Still cheaper than basic cable was, back when we had it.

Amazon has a lot of the same items as Netflix but not all. Right now we're watching a show (White Collar) that is on Netflix but isn't on Amazon unless you pay for it.

Lets be real, people that have Amazon prime don't have it for the prime videos. that's just a bonus. The amount i pay a year + the 4 family members ive added to my account have made it well worth it with all the 2 day free shipping.

Amazon prime recommendations are welcome here and way more than five people use it. It's almost as nice as Netflix. I use both .... about 60/40 Netflix

We actually do the trifecta at Casa BeanJ. They all have their place and for $25/month combined, it beats the heck out of the $110/mo that we used to pay for Dish. Mrs. BeanJ watches a lot of Hulu and I tend to prefer Netflix. We do Prime for the free shipping and take the included streaming as a bonus. Also, Prime is the only place you can get Justified (seasons 1-5 currently available free to Prime subscribers) if you don't have cable/satellite, so there's that.

Back