GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not about Netflix specifically, but good news for those of us that refuse to pay for cable/satellite and rely on streaming services for TV/Movies:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/insi...g-web-service-is-all-about-netflix/ar-BB9qBUR

HBO has (finally) announced it's intention to spin off its streaming service HBO-GO to a standalone product available via subscription without a cable-package. This will reportedly happen.... eventually.... sometime next year... maybe.

FINALLY, now I won't have to pira-, er, I mean, "wait for the DVD release" of shows like Troo Detective and Game of Boobs like some kind of feudal-age peasant. Way to finally join the 21st Century, HBO, it's about f***ing time. Cable is an obsolete medium, and the sooner you bail from that sinking ship, the better.

frI4DS5.jpg

Unfortunately, HBO is going to ask for more than people are willing to pay. I'd say $5/month is fair but they'll be much higher.
As far as Netflix streaming, I'm not watching much that is new. Last season on Breaking Bad, The League, Wilfred, Louie, Adventure Time, Bones, and the occasional documentary like one I just watched on the Honey Badger.

If I wanted to pay HBO for shows I would already pay for it. If they want my business they'll make it cheap enough to suck me in. As they tend to suck I am not holding my breath for that one. :)

I started watching Comedy Bang! Bang! recently at the urging of my brother. I thought it was pretty stupid at first, but after watching a few episodes and getting used to the style of humor, I'm hooked. It's basically a talk show parody with lots of surrealist humor. Funny interviews with celebrities both real and fake. I highly recommend for fans of the absurd.

Liked Hansel and Gretel

Watching Zodiac right now. Very good half way in

Watched Hansel and Gretel with my 15yo daughter. She loved it. I watched in the theater with her older sister when it came out. Great over-the-top action monster movie with some steampunk appeal.

After that we watched The Naked Gun. Not the funniest Zucker, Abrahams, Zucker movie ever made, but right up there!

I have about 8 episodes left in Breaking Bad.

SPOILER: I don't believe Walt's claim that his cancer is back. I think he is going to fake his own death. I'm probably wrong. I also thought he was going to frame Eliot from Grey Matter as Heisenberg but that didn't work out.

Found Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on Netflix. Hell yeah. I feel like a kid again.

"A Jose Canseco Bat? Tell me, you didn't pay money for this."

I was crushed to find out The Tick cartoon is not on Netflix and apparently isn't on Amazon Prime either.
Finally on the last episode of Breaking Bad!

I started watching due to recommendations here.

Peaky Blinders.

Best 12 hours of tv I've watched in a loooong time. Thanks all for the recommendation! Anyone have a clue when season 3 is due out?

I started watching due to recommendations here.

Peaky Blinders.

Best 12 hours of tv I've watched in a loooong time. Thanks all for the recommendation! Anyone have a clue when season 3 is due out?

Dammit I've been trying not to get sucked into binge watching another TV show, but you @$$h0les keep raving about Peaky Blinders.

Guess I'll start it tonight. So much for my productive weekend. :D

When the Last Sword is Drawn

Excellent Samurai flick, also, 13 Assassins if you haven't seen it yet.

Back