GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, to be fair, I semi-struggled with season one of Archer but by season two I really enjoyed it.

What's the deal with blacklist? Pros? Cons? Sounds like it could be good.

My take is if the pilot doesn't drag you in, it's probably not for you. It's not a show that starts slow and matures imho.

If you start binge watching now there's just enough time to be finished by the time the new season starts next week. :D

Anybody watch much of the Bojack Horseman show? I saw the first two episodes and it feels like Family Guy was trying to be Archer, but did a crummy job of it. For me Family Guy can be funny and I will watch if I pass it on TV, however it is completely forgettable and I will change stations at the commercial break. Archer on the other hand I love and seek it out on Netflix or on TV and watch the whole episode and the following one.

Is it worth continuing or just let it go and watch something else?

I thought that the pilot was pretty lame too, but kept watching and ended up really enjoying the series.

Season 3 episode 3 of Sherlock was phenomenal. It's not really show you need to watch in order (although you should) but check it out

I think you need to watch Sherlock in order, personally. Especially the transition between season 2 and season 3 doesn't make sense unless you watch it in order.

I have been watching Sons of Anarchy lately. However, I'm roughly halfway through the third season and getting a bit burnt out at this point. I need to find something else to watch for a while, I guess.

New season of Trailer Park Boys! Netflix only! :ban:

Just found out about this show. I'd heard of it for years, but never checked it out. Just about done with season 2.

Ellen Page is in it. She's probably the most famous person on the show. She is like 14 or something.

I can't tell if the guys on the show are completely idiots, or brilliant actors.

I thought that the pilot was pretty lame too, but kept watching and ended up really enjoying the series.

I had no intention of watching the show (Bojack Horseman), but my brother insisted I give it a shot.

Overall (now that I'm most of the way through the first season) I like it. Sometimes it feels like they are trying a little too hard (obvious jokes, heavy reliance on shock value, etc), but most of the time it's pretty damn funny and well-written. The show features a lot of really funny actors (Will Arnett, Aaron Paul, Patton Oswalt, et al) which is nice.

It's no Archer, but it's certainly worth watching if you like that kind of humor.

Classic line from Helo on BSG.

"I won't just stand by and let them kill you like the other other Sharon"

Cylon pvssy whipped! She was hot as hell. I'd let the fleet burn for that

Just found out about this show. I'd heard of it for years, but never checked it out. Just about done with season 2.

Ellen Page is in it. She's probably the most famous person on the show. She is like 14 or something.

I can't tell if the guys on the show are completely idiots, or brilliant actors.
Watch the whole series, then hope Hobo With a Shotgun is available to stream when you're done for one of the greatest death cameos.

Has "Cosmos" with Neil Degrasse Tyson been mention yet?

Holy crap, what an awesome show (if you're a space geek).

+1

Wife an I started watching this a few days ago and are hooked. Great series, very well done.
Ashamed to say I haven't seen the original yet though

I have my computer hooked up to the TV. Netflix warns me a week in advance of movies being removed and around a month for a television show. It will aslo let me know if something on my DVD que will be streaming within the next month (though not as overtly).

Do other devices not do this? That would be super annoying. Half the movies I watch are because they sit in my que until I have that 1 week warning then bust through half a dozen or so.

Also, I downloaded the complete first season of NTSF:SD:SUV:: yesterday. Watched about 4-5 episodes. (Well, I watched 4. I was pretty much awake for about 20 seconds of episode 5.)

I doubt it's on Netflix, but I think you can watch all of the episodes right from their website.

Not bad. Kind of goofy humour, which is right up my alley.

Also, I downloaded the complete first season of NTSF:SD:SUV:: yesterday. Watched about 4-5 episodes. (Well, I watched 4. I was pretty much awake for about 20 seconds of episode 5.)

I doubt it's on Netflix, but I think you can watch all of the episodes right from their website.

Not bad. Kind of goofy humour, which is right up my alley.

you know, Amy Pond shows up in season 3 :ban:

you know, Amy Pond shows up in season 3 :ban:

The main reason I found out about the show!

Even my wife was laughing when she came in to watch last night. I think she missed the episode that had the dolphin serial killer, ala Hannibal.

Yes, a dolphin that is a serial killer and can talk.

Good Eats launched a few days ago. It's amazing to have.

On which? Amazon or Netflix? I think there was a few episodes I haven't seen still. I find them infinitely amusing that someone would dream of making something so simple so damned complicated. The man could stretch making ice cubes into a 20 minute ordeal for crying out loud. The results could even be fantastic but jeez, it takes for ever.

Netflix has a Good Eats Special or something. It is about 15 episodes from different seasons I believe.

I've been mindlessly enjoying New Girl on Netflix recently.
Quirky singles living in a city apartment. Definitely not breaking the mold but it's fairly entertaining.

Latest posts

Back