Good going out of business sale...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was putting together some AG recipes and in the midst of choosing grains the grain section disappeared, as well as the kegging section. I guess that means they've seen a bit of traffic in the past two days.

I just got:

2) 6 Gallon Better Bottles
2) 5 Gallon Better Bottles Ported

and shipping was only $7! No complaints here.

I don't want to waste $40 on pin locks that I can't use. I've called them 4 times today with no answer.

Mike

I called and got an answer but I didn't even think to ask if they were ball or pin. I need more disconnects so I really don't care pin lock ok by me ball lock even better. looks like they sold out so not too many people were worried about it.

I had a 10 minute discussion about the economy with him maybe thats why you couldn't get through. But he called it right on when times get tough the first things to are your hobbies. I feel bad for the guy he was really nice when I mentioned I was out of work he told me of a couple places that were hiring.

John

I picked up 4 kegs
32oz starsan (I can't buy it locally)
6 airlocks (for my 4 new carboys)
8 #6 stoppers

$115 shipped

I just got:
2) 6 Gallon Better Bottles
2) 5 Gallon Better Bottles Ported
and shipping was only $7! No complaints here.
Did you do anything special to get that shipping. I put together a $22 order that included a bottle tree and the shipping came to $15.39 to NJ (not that far from you.) The only option I see is UPS Ground 3 Day Guarantee.

Sweet...glad people were able to find some good deals. FWIW...My CC got charged the quoted shipping. I'm not too sure about that cryptic shipping disclaimer on the site.

I ordered quite a few things from them $124 worth. I havent been sent anything in an email yet. I only have been sent the shipping order but not a receipt with a date of shipment on it. :(

A bit too shady for me. Was thinking about some ported Better Bottles, but I have a feeling they don't come with the spigot.

Did you do anything special to get that shipping. I put together a $22 order that included a bottle tree and the shipping came to $15.39 to NJ (not that far from you.) The only option I see is UPS Ground 3 Day Guarantee.

Yeah, I was wrong... It was $7 for two bottles and $15 for four. Still a great deal when you break it down to $3.50 for a better bottle shipped.

Cheers!

A bit too shady for me. Was thinking about some ported Better Bottles, but I have a feeling they don't come with the spigot.

No one seems to sell them with the spigot. That's always an add on accessory. Just seems like a discounted price to me.

I wrote them and this is what I got..
Due to the overwhelming response to our Going out of business sale we have been forced temporarily close the store front.
This is necessary to give us time to evaluate our available inventory.

Thanks

[email protected]

Placed an order on Thursday. Got the order confirmation within an hour but, I still haven't seen a status that shows the order has shipped.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they didn;t sell out of anything I ordered.

Consider yourself lucky. I placed my order at 8:30 Fri morning, and I just got this:
Due to the overwhelming amount of orders, we have run out of stock on the items you requested, therefore we have canceled your order.

1 BetterBottle and 2 corneys
Dammit.

"Your order was filled minus .85 cent for 1 Irish Moss but the shipping increased $3.01
Due to bulk for a total of $54.64"

Fair enough... I figured the shipping was way low with two better bottles. Got 4 bottles of Irish moss instead of 5.

Consider yourself lucky. I placed my order at 8:30 Fri morning, and I just got this:
Due to the overwhelming amount of orders, we have run out of stock on the items you requested, therefore we have canceled your order.

1 BetterBottle and 2 corneys
Dammit.

What size BetterBottle did you get? I placed my order at 6:51 that morning and it included a 6 gallon Better Bottle. I haven't received any follow up email as of yet except for the initial confirmation email.

Bummer- I just got the email informing me that they were out of stock, and thus my order was cancelled.

Would have been a hell of a deal if they had what I ordered!
2 cornies
1 5 gallon BB

Just got notice that my order was cancelled too due to not having stock.

Ah Well.

I'll be watching my card statement much more closely to make sure no unauthorized charges show up.

Damn, I was planning on going down there this weekend once the sale started. Were they selling stuff at discounted prices over this past weekend?

Had I known the sale started early, I would have gone down there instead of waiting. Seems that my patience may have screwed me over. :(

Nothing yet, but I suppose I'll be getting one of those cancellation emails shortly as well. Bummer...

Same here... My order still shows that it's current, however I know there is a cancellation notification floating around some where on this "intra-web" thing...

I ordered stuff 45 minutes after this thread was started and I got this in an email today:
Dear Customer,

Oh well.. too bad.

Nothing here either. There's a charge pending on my card though, so hopefully my order made it through before they ran out.

I got this:

Dear Customer,

Due to the overwhelming response to our Going out of business sale and
limited inventory we have been forced temporarily close the store front.
We are in the process of evaluating and filling orders with available stock
on a first come first serve bases.
Should we be able or unable to fill your order you will be notified that
your order has been shipped or canceled.

Thanks for your business

Brewers Corner, LLC

Sooo... are they cancelling orders with the chance of being able to fill them? Because that's not what my email said - my order was completely canceled.

I orderd some cheese making stuff for the wife along with some brew stuff. I hope I at least get the cheese stuff seeing how I told her I got it and she's excited about it. :(

No email saying that it's not going to happen yet.

My shipping came to $0...

as well as the rest of my order. I got the following:

"Dear Customer,

We truly regret to inform you, but due to the overwhelming response to our going out of business sales. We are unable to fill your order.

Thanks for your business"

Back